The current weather we're having.
(06-02-2023, 07:26 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 02:37 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Bloody roasting in Goa… been high 30s all week but the humidity makes it feel about 40…

The car thermometer said 49c when I was sat in traffic in the sun a couple days ago, and driving the motorbike wearing a black helmet has been challenging - otherwise lovely beach weather!

Even better weather for ice cold beer… none of that flat, room temperature, cloudy nonsense.

I hired a scooter when last in Goa. I asked about wearing the helmet and was told "no need, unless you go further afield". The only time I put it on was on a trip to Margao -the local big town. One look around there was all I needed to decide never to ride a two wheel anything in an Indian city and went straight back to Colva, preferring to take my chances with the wandering cows and stray dogs there. Have a great time, fella.

Colva is a beautiful part of Goa, all that area is stunning, and you’re right, definitely no need for a helmet in South. I’m sadly up in North Goa where the roads are busier so you need one for large stretches, especially when you go on the highways… it definitely comes off on the side roads though.

Lots of traffic police out at the moment too!

(06-02-2023, 04:39 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 02:37 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Bloody roasting in Goa… been high 30s all week but the humidity makes it feel about 40…

The car thermometer said 49c when I was sat in traffic in the sun a couple days ago, and driving the motorbike wearing a black helmet has been challenging - otherwise lovely beach weather!

Even better weather for ice cold beer… none of that flat, room temperature, cloudy nonsense.

Going back to SuperBob’s original post, that weather you are in sounds like hell.
When it got to 41 degrees last summer it was unpleasant.
I’m healthy and normal weight but extreme heat just saps the energy of everything be it man or beast.
I’m heading to Crete soon, where the temperature will be high 20s. That’s enough for anyone sound of mind.
Here in the UK I think 21-22 degrees and sun and cloud is the best British summer weather.

It’s a balance for me Spandau… I really like hot weather, and I like my body to feel like it’s being thawed out. The last few months in the U.K. have been thoroughly depressing, to the point where I needed vitamin D supplements despite spending time out in Spain too. I don’t want to spend my life in 40C+ weather but a few days of it lounging on a beach and taking a swim in a sea that feels like a warm bath is great.

When I’m here I tend to go to the beach before 11am when there’s some cloud, it’s quiet and it’s around 30. You then have a thali and a beer for lunch, spend a few hours indoors during the worst of the midday heat and then head out again about 4 when it’s dropped to low 30s again. Only needing shorts and a r-shirt at midnight whilst sitting outside a bar is one of life’s pleasures IMO.
Cala en Bosc has started the day cloudy with some sun. Nice and warm.
Going to enjoy this break away from any worries an stress sit relax and drink plenty.
Just taken the dog for my daily walk on Sandbanks beach. Another stunning day ahead by the looks of things..... Cool
Not even 9am and it's lovely. Looking forward to a day in the sun with my ostrich leg guns out at the cricket for the double header of Sparks and Bears.

Hope everyone has a bostin day and don't forget your sun cream.

(06-02-2023, 04:39 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Going back to SuperBob’s original post, that weather you are in sounds like hell.
When it got to 41 degrees last summer it was unpleasant.
I’m healthy and normal weight but extreme heat just saps the energy of everything be it man or beast.
I’m heading to Crete soon, where the temperature will be high 20s. That’s enough for anyone sound of mind.
Here in the UK I think 21-22 degrees and sun and cloud is the best British summer weather.

That was the point of my original Fred. Low 20's is perfect for me. Anything above 25 degrees and I struggle. It's just not comfortable. When you get over 30 I genuinely get down and I'm not myself. 

I know (and have suffered previously, especially last winter when I tried to come off my happy pills!) that the change in seasons causes mental health issues, especially when the nights draw in, but I feel the same impact when the temperature gets unbearable for me. I'm not sure if that's a 'thing' or not, but that's what happens. 

The idea of a a week abroad in 30plus degree heat is hell to me. Give me a week in Scandinavia or IKEA, any day!

Yes, I'm strange.
Currently basking under a hot sun in the sprawling gardens of Chateaux d'Navarone. May crack open a chilled bottle of mass produced fizzy piss water in a bit before heading in to watch United watch City pass the ball around at Wembley. Or I might just stay in the garden and get pissed on a few more chilled bottles of mass produced fizzy piss water. Decisions decisions  Cool .
The weather here on the IOM has been splendid all week with plenty more forecasted. Practice/qualifying times have been blistering
Just got back from Chapora - a fantastic strip of dive bars that’s still how I imagine Goa was in the 70s. Most of the clientele look like they’ve not moved from their stools since that time, and I’m sure the Indian Home Office would be quite interested with their visas, not that any of them look like they could function as part of society any time soon.

Dreadlocks and bald patches mixing with tie-dye t-shirts and beer bellies, £1 beers, sporadic cows entering bars to finish leftovers and the heavy smell of hash in the air, beautiful combo at gone midnight, and still high 20s.

Was a wobbly scooter ride back but I wore my helmet *hic*
(06-03-2023, 07:03 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Just got back from Chapora - a fantastic strip of dive bars that’s still how I imagine Goa was in the 70s. Most of the clientele look like they’ve not moved from their stools since that time, and I’m sure the Indian Home Office would be quite interested with their visas, not that any of them look like they could function as part of society any time soon.

Dreadlocks and bald patches mixing with tie-dye t-shirts and beer bellies, £1 beers, sporadic cows entering bars to finish leftovers and the heavy smell of hash in the air, beautiful combo at gone midnight, and still high 20s.

Sounds great. You should work for the Indian Tourist Board, this has reminded me I ought to go back.
(06-03-2023, 07:03 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Just got back from Chapora - a fantastic strip of dive bars that’s still how I imagine Goa was in the 70s. Most of the clientele look like they’ve not moved from their stools since that time, and I’m sure the Indian Home Office would be quite interested with their visas, not that any of them look like they could function as part of society any time soon.

Open face / no face helmet? 

Me and my Vespa parted company last Monday when doing 40mph.  Due to wearing fully protective motorcycles clothing, gloves and a full faces helmet, I walked away with just badly damaged tendons in one thumb. 

I had a blow out / fast puncture to my front tyre. This caused the handle bars to twist hard right and off I came.

I was lucky, very lucky as it was down a country lame and no cars coming towards me as I rolled 50 feet down the road. My helmet is a write off.

10 mins earlier I was doing 70 mph on the A5 dual carriageway.  Thank fuck it didn’t happen then!

Ride safely SW and always wear your helmet and have a great and safe holiday.
I told you I’ll be back
Glad it’s nothing too serious, FF, but that extra large Texan BBQ must have been in a right mess!