The current weather we're having.
Lovely down here in the South West.
Bloody roasting in Goa… been high 30s all week but the humidity makes it feel about 40…

The car thermometer said 49c when I was sat in traffic in the sun a couple days ago, and driving the motorbike wearing a black helmet has been challenging - otherwise lovely beach weather!

Even better weather for ice cold beer… none of that flat, room temperature, cloudy nonsense.
(06-02-2023, 02:37 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Bloody roasting in Goa… been high 30s all week but the humidity makes it feel about 40…

The car thermometer said 49c when I was sat in traffic in the sun a couple days ago, and driving the motorbike wearing a black helmet has been challenging - otherwise lovely beach weather!

Even better weather for ice cold beer… none of that flat, room temperature, cloudy nonsense.

Going back to SuperBob’s original post, that weather you are in sounds like hell.
When it got to 41 degrees last summer it was unpleasant.
I’m healthy and normal weight but extreme heat just saps the energy of everything be it man or beast.
I’m heading to Crete soon, where the temperature will be high 20s. That’s enough for anyone sound of mind.
Here in the UK I think 21-22 degrees and sun and cloud is the best British summer weather.
(06-02-2023, 04:39 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 02:37 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Bloody roasting in Goa… been high 30s all week but the humidity makes it feel about 40…

Going back to SuperBob’s original post, that weather you are in sounds like hell.
When it got to 41 degrees last summer it was unpleasant.
I’m healthy and normal weight but extreme heat just saps the energy of everything be it man or beast.
I’m heading to Crete soon, where the temperature will be high 20s. That’s enough for anyone sound of mind.
Here in the UK I think 21-22 degrees and sun and cloud is the best British summer weather.

I can't bear this weather.  I love the heat but we've had East/North-Easterly winds for what seems like forever as far as I'm concerned. If the Scirocco is supposed to send people mad then I can only surmise that this is the same offing wind as I'm losing my fruit.

I can't stand it, I tell you and I'm not gonna take it any more!!!

I hired a scooter when last in Goa. I asked about wearing the helmet and was told "no need, unless you go further afield". The only time I put it on was on a trip to Margao -the local big town. One look around there was all I needed to decide never to ride a two wheel anything in an Indian city and went straight back to Colva, preferring to take my chances with the wandering cows and stray dogs there. Have a great time, fella.
Had breakfast in the garden at 5am this morning. Ate my fruit and Skyr with other nice bits and had a cup of coffee dressed in shorts, flip flops and a hoodie. Pleasant chill in the breeze but nothing to worry about.

Didn't see any dead birds, squirrels, foxes or cats (re: modern mystery thread). Didn't bump into any mates either thankfully as I don't know whether we could have controlled ourselves (re: the nonce, sorry, the we were just mates thread).
Just popped outside work, as it seemed nice and sunny, swift u-turn as it's still fucking freezing! 20 degrees my arse.
Chilly start but it's warming up down here in London.
Currently 13c in Gloucestershire and promised 19 later and cloudless skies.

22-24c over the weekend, perfect
(06-02-2023, 09:50 AM)Ournextstriker Wrote: Currently 13c in Gloucestershire and  promised 19 later and cloudless skies.

22-24c over the weekend, perfect

22 / 23 C is perfect bbq weather 

I will have a Greek day and get the bbq on and buy an octopus to grill on it along with marinated hi Ken for a gyros. 

In the kitchen I will fry some fries (for the gyros) along with calamari and feta cheese balls. 

I may also make some stuffed peppers which can go on the bbq.