Retained list…
(05-23-2023, 06:10 PM)Bilic's Beard Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 03:48 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote: Pieters is average Chumpo crap - which is pretty much what we are right now.

The biggest test will be getting rid of junk like Grant, Bartley, Reach and Chabolah.  Thank God we only signed Albrighton on loan!

I doubt any of the above will be leaving ,due to the wages they are on .No one in the Championship will pay what we do so I think we are stuck with them till there contracts run out .

Joy. Utter crap.

At least Albrighton is only on loan and we can send him back.
(05-23-2023, 06:15 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 03:48 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote: Pieters is average Chumpo crap - which is pretty much what we are right now.

The biggest test will be getting rid of junk like Grant, Bartley, Reach and Chabolah.  Thank God we only signed Albrighton on loan!

I doubt any of the above will be leaving ,due to the wages they are on .No one in the Championship will pay what we do so I think we are stuck with them till there contracts run out .

Joy. Utter crap.

Glee.
At least he's stopped with the childish nicknames repeated ad nauseum.
(05-23-2023, 06:39 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: At least he's stopped with the childish nicknames repeated ad nauseum.

Whatever vestiges of a mask were left slipped off once and for after the Great Escape posts last week.
(05-23-2023, 06:40 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 06:39 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: At least he's stopped with the childish nicknames repeated ad nauseum.

Whatever vestiges of a mask were left slipped off once and for after the Great Escape posts last week.

Indeed.
I don't get the hate for Pieters personally. We need a squad with some experience and ability to cover different positions. He hardly missed a game and looked fit and motivated to me. As a bench option he's ideal imo. I really want us to have a good look at Taylor and Ashworth and freshen up that back line and I am sure we will look to bring in a younger lefty at centre half too.

Also no one knows what Pieters earns. He might be on a low salary. He must be given we have beans to spend. I trust Carlos on this one. Also we have no knowledge that he's even going to sign it so the pant pissing is a bit premature.
(05-23-2023, 08:06 PM)Peachy Wrote: I don't get the hate for Pieters personally. We need a squad with some experience and ability to cover different positions. He hardly missed a game and looked fit and motivated to me. As a bench option he's ideal imo. I really want us to have a good look at Taylor and Ashworth and freshen up that back line and I am sure we will look to bring in a younger lefty at centre half too.

Also no one knows what Pieters earns. He might be on a low salary. He must be given we have beans to spend. I trust Carlos on this one. Also we have no knowledge that he's even going to sign it so the pant pissing is a bit premature.

I agree. As long as we're not a squad full of players 30+ it's ok to have a few experienced players around. We do need to try and focus on getting a few up and coming younger players though.
(05-23-2023, 06:33 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 06:15 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:

Joy. Utter crap.

Glee.

When that useless lump goes back, absolutely.

Yes that's some very clever RegEx; when it's not complex enough to recognise a pattern it alerts its author who edits the post.

Big Grin
Pieter's staying makes perfect sense.
Button staying makes perfect sense.

Dara, and or Griffith's/Palmer could be leaving.

The youth maybe better off moving on tbh.

No surprise surprise.
(05-23-2023, 09:00 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Pieter's staying makes perfect sense.
Button staying makes perfect sense.

Dara, and or Griffith's/Palmer could be leaving.

The youth maybe better off moving on tbh.

No surprise surprise.

Button’s only staying on because he’s under contract - it’s not a decision made by the club. He’d would have def have been released as he’s miles off being a Championship GK & could be replaced easily & cheaper