Retained list…
I'm old enough to remember when retained lists also used to include still-contracted players who the club was willing to listen to offers for. That doesn't seem to happen anymore, but I think we need a bigger overhaul than just 3 players (Castro and Richards can't be regarded as first team squad players).

I also agree that Pieters shouldn't be kept on because of his age and that we need to find a replacement. I don't like the idea of someone covering multiple positions, because they can only play in one position at a time and you're left potentially in the lurch if the player is injured or suspended.

Let's hope they somehow manage to shift some of the players who are under contract as well (such as Button).
(05-23-2023, 03:22 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Only centre back that we have who has a left foot.

CC likes a left foot on the left side of defence obviously.

Yep. And can cover LB (his preferred position). Maybe Reach will be moved on if we get an offer (even loan).
It is highly likely one of O'Shea, Okay or Wallace will be sold. Then we will try to shift Diana and/or Grant plus Kipre.

We are going to have to rebuild as the audited accounts suggest we have to bring in revenue, meaning we could use 4 players plus the 3 we have released.

Therefore, keeping Pieters could be key as it is one less squad player we have to find on a free...
Controversial thought here, but maybe a professional football manager, with experience of operating at this level, with inside knowledge of the finances and possibilities of player in's/out's, knows who is worth keeping and who is not, therefore concentrating resources on those areas we all know need strengthening. Just a thought loike.
(05-23-2023, 04:55 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote: It is highly likely one of O'Shea, Okay or Wallace will be sold. Then we will try to shift Diana and/or Grant plus Kipre.

We are going to have to rebuild as the audited accounts suggest we have to bring in revenue, meaning we could use 4 players plus the 3 we have released.

Therefore, keeping Pieters could be key as it is one less squad player we have to find on a free...

I would hope that we’d be able to keep all three of those next season, but if it were one of them to go, I think it has to be Wallace. O’Shea and Yokuslu are so central to the way we play. 

Personally I don’t see either Wallace or Yokuslu commanding anywhere near the fee O’Shea should.
(05-23-2023, 03:48 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote: Pieters is average Chumpo crap - which is pretty much what we are right now.

The biggest test will be getting rid of junk like Grant, Bartley, Reach and Chabolah.  Thank God we only signed Albrighton on loan!

Ridiculous comment re Pieters.  The only negative thing about him is his age.
I feel sorry for Kevin.
(05-23-2023, 05:07 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 03:48 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote: Pieters is average Chumpo crap - which is pretty much what we are right now.

The biggest test will be getting rid of junk like Grant, Bartley, Reach and Chabolah.  Thank God we only signed Albrighton on loan!

Prag we need to lower the age of our squad.

Retaining Pieters IMO signifies that we are happy to plod along
(05-23-2023, 05:45 PM)Super-Okay Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 05:07 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:

Prag we need to lower the age of our squad.

Retaining Pieters IMO signifies that we are happy to plod along

Yup. Again.

I doubt any of the above will be leaving ,due to the wages they are on .No one in the Championship will pay what we do so I think we are stuck with them till there contracts run out .