Doing The Non-Existent Scouting Departments Job For Them Thread
(07-11-2023, 09:32 AM)Duffers Wrote: Yeah seems to me that there'll be nothing of note until the last few days of the window when the bigger boys decide which players they're letting out on loan.

We've gone from eating at the bottom table when Pulis was our Manager in the Prem, to rummaging through the skips for out of date food. A sign of the times.
(07-11-2023, 03:23 PM)ElbowGrease1973 II Wrote:
(07-11-2023, 09:32 AM)Duffers Wrote: Yeah seems to me that there'll be nothing of note until the last few days of the window when the bigger boys decide which players they're letting out on loan.

We've gone from eating at the bottom table when Pulis was our Manager in the Prem, to rummaging through the skips for out of date food. A sign of the times.

That's life as a mid-table Championship club.
(07-11-2023, 03:23 PM)ElbowGrease1973 II Wrote:

Fugging bin-dipping like Benefits Street

Lai is Fungi
(05-16-2023, 09:26 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Well we need:

Full back competition, CM with goals in them, an attacking midfielder/wide player and a CF with raw pace.

So I would look at;

Remeao Hutton (24 y/o - LB/RB) - Local lad, started at Walsall, moved around teh lower leagues but has been playing really well for a couple of years now. Last year got 10 assists from full back for Swindon. Big, powerful, pacey and has a bit on the ball.

Elliot Watt (23 y/o - CM) - A deep lying player who loves to get on the ball. Been to a few live Salford games midweek this year and he is their stand out player. Dirty fucker as well.

Owen Moxton (25 y/o - CM) - Proper forward thinking midfielder. Loads of assists and a few goals too. But still puts it in a and makes tackles. Would do really well next to Okay. Might be out of our price range though as I reckon they would wat some decent dosh for him.

Kazeem Olaigbe (19 y/o - Winger) - Young kid who plays for Harrogate, serious pace and loves to take people on, draws loads of fouls. Saw him a few times this year as my old pal from uni works at Harrogate.

Dan Agyei (25 y/o - LW/RW/CF) - Again, big powerful, decent in the air and completed the most dribbles in league 2 last year. Exactly what we need.

Colby Bishop (26 y/o - CF) - Out and Out number 9. Target man. Loves to head the ball and we need somebody to attack crosses with Dike having a body made of matchsticks. Scored a hatful not for both Accy and Pompei.

Miles Leaburn (19 y/o - CF) - For me the stand out talent in the EFL. He's fucking huge but has so much ability and pace. If you crossed Peter Crouch and Thierry Henry, but then took all the expectaion off, that's what you get. Great return for Charlton last year too and only really started playing around Xmas.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/2407...-decision/

Both me and SW4 mentioned Owen Moxton in the pre season.

He's decided to run his deal down. Would be an ideal signing, could supplement our midfield by playing in both the Mowatt and Swift roles. He has played in the 10 most of the season but does his best work deeper.
What about Al Hamadi at Wimbledon?

Leaburn is very injury prone.
Al Hamadi off to Ipswich, I suspect we cannot compete with them financially these days.
(01-27-2024, 08:10 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote: What about Al Hamadi at Wimbledon?

Leaburn is very injury prone.

As soon as he signs his goal record will revert to that of his Dad…