Post seasons thoughts thread
Great job by Corberan but typical way to end the season. 
Future a worry. We all care but will have different ways of showing it. 
Kind of glad we weren’t spared nail biting in the last 10 minutes. 
With awful injuries and a being rock bottom a third of the season in it’s great to have got to the last day.
I’m concerned about the future, but I will for now get behind the club whilst Carlos is in charge.
Unless Corberan is a miracle worker similar to Megson wim fooked! That’s my thoughts at the end of this season
Bottle jobs.
Nothing more to say IMO.
Weirdly some of our most saleable assets are also those we’d not mind disposing of. If we need to bring in some cash then it’s not impossible to realise that through the sale of Grady, Grant and one of O’Shea/Palmer. Good riddance to the first two and only losing one of the second two would t be disastrous (IMVFHO). The key then would be more judicious recruitment on top of getting rid of high earners who are out of contract (Rogic, Pieters, Bartley). The thing that will likely kill us again next season is the lack of a 15/20 goal striker. Most teams in the top 8/9 clubs have one
(05-08-2023, 04:11 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Great job by Corberan but typical way to end the season. 
With awful injuries and a being rock bottom a third of the season in it’s great to have got to the last day.
I’m concerned about the future, but I will for now get behind the club whilst Carlos is in charge.

Carlos won’t be in charge next season. He’s off to leeds
Great effort all told from carlos. 

Rubbish decision from gourlay to keep bruce in the summer.

Really concerned about future but not a lot we can do about it.
(05-08-2023, 04:18 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: Great effort all told from carlos. 

Rubbish decision from gourlay to keep bruce in the summer.

Really concerned about future but not a lot we can do about it.

+1.

Part of me pleased it's over.
(05-08-2023, 04:17 PM)johntoewba Wrote:
(05-08-2023, 04:11 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Great job by Corberan but typical way to end the season. 

Carlos won’t be in charge next season. He’s off to leeds

Prove it.
(05-08-2023, 04:14 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Bottle jobs.
Nothing more to say IMO.

More some players just aren't quite good enough rather than bottle jobs IMHO
Unbelievable response to Carlos, really thought relegation was a possibility, yet were still in the promotion hunt with 20 mins to go, when Sunderland hit the second and then third.

I'll leave the "next season" speculation to the pessimistic "experts".
For me, there were enough positives, in the last 6 months, to allow me to be positive.