Sam Allardyce
(05-02-2023, 09:25 AM)wba13 Wrote: I cannot see Leeds getting another point with their run in.
Man City and West Ham A
Newcastle and spurs. H

West Ham away, possibly. Spurs possibly.
(05-02-2023, 07:47 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: One of those that seems to make sense on paper, his sides tend not to concede and Leeds need shoring up.

However, if his immediate *impact* is like the one he had with us, you could expect City to put 10 past them

Leeds have far, far better players than we did.
(05-02-2023, 09:55 AM)Super-Okay Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 07:47 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: One of those that seems to make sense on paper, his sides tend not to concede and Leeds need shoring up.

However, if his immediate *impact* is like the one he had with us, you could expect City to put 10 past them

Their fans seem to differ on that
(05-02-2023, 09:19 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Does anyone in senior football management do their due diligence.

Leeds have 4 games left and Allardyce has a record of not immediately turning things around, he normally needs a handful of games before things improve.

Considering the sums of money involved in the premier league, the competence of football management above coaching level is distinctly amateurish.

His record with us was W4 D8 L14, so he completely failed over the course of 26 games and his record was only marginally better than that of Pardew and Styles. Them aside, no other permanent Albion manager has done worse.

Quite frankly, I'm staggered that Leeds are contemplating this.
(05-02-2023, 09:41 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 09:19 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Does anyone in senior football management do their due diligence.

Leeds have 4 games left and Allardyce has a record of not immediately turning things around, he normally needs a handful of games before things improve.

Considering the sums of money involved in the premier league, the competence of football management above coaching level is distinctly amateurish.

Tbf Shabby, we’ve had our fair share of coaching level staff that have been distinctly amateurish too

I was thinking specifically of the premier league and this season.

So many clubs making bad decisions  no discernible strategy. Sacking managers, with no idea of what happens next...almost as if just sacking the current manager in itself will improve results and performances.
(05-02-2023, 09:59 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 09:55 AM)Super-Okay Wrote:

Their fans seem to differ on that

Just Ziz being Ziz Big Grin
There was a spell with us I felt he wasn't far from getting it right , Burnley away with 10 men and 4 clear , clear cut chances killed it .
Another month and I don't think we'd have been far off as much as I don't like him.
You couldn't make this shit up
If we had a finisher I reckon Big Sam would have just got enough to keep us up. A few games we had multiple clear cut chances and failed to convert any of them.
(05-02-2023, 10:15 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote:

His record with us was W4 D8 L14, so he completely failed over the course of 26 games and his record was only marginally better than that of Pardew and Styles. Them aside, no other permanent Albion manager has done worse.

Quite frankly, I'm staggered that Leeds are contemplating this.

Done deal according to Fabrizio Romano and very rarely is he off the mark.