Gabbyyour
(03-28-2019, 11:31 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: I'm stunned he raised the enthusiasm to tell anyone he was retiring.

Played his last game in December 2017 and left the Vile in 2018.

Genuinely never thought for a moment that he'd play again.

Met his brother who seemed a decent chap.

Some epitaph to his career, clearly loaded lazy fugger but his brother's alright.

His only saving grace is that he managed to drain the Vile's resources for so long and for so little genuine return.

i doubt he will care when he is sat in his mansion, deciding wether to take the bently or roller out today. Some players are motivated by winning stuff, others are only concerned with the bottom line, a la Berahino.
 The seal twat falls into the latter IMO
(03-28-2019, 01:06 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 11:31 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: I'm stunned he raised the enthusiasm to tell anyone he was retiring.

Some epitaph to his career, clearly loaded lazy fugger but his brother's alright.

His only saving grace is that he managed to drain the Vile's resources for so long and for so little genuine return.

i doubt he will care when he is sat in his mansion, deciding wether to take the bently or roller out today. Some players are motivated by winning stuff, others are only concerned with the bottom line, a la Berahino.

At least Gabby made a decent career for himself. He was pivotal to Villa when they were last anything near successful and he won England caps. 

I know it goes against the grain here, but when on form, he was an excellent striker. 

Although he may have achieved more, if he put his mind to it, to compare him to a true waste of space and talent, in Saido, is very wide of the mark.
Clarnet v2.0
(03-28-2019, 01:59 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 01:06 PM)Sotv Wrote:

At least Gabby made a decent career for himself. He was pivotal to Villa when they were last anything near successful and he won England caps. 

I know it goes against the grain here, but when on form, he was an excellent striker. 

Although he may have achieved more, if he put his mind to it, to compare him to a true waste of space and talent, in Saido, is very wide of the mark.

Gabby the Seal was one of those players who was a beast at the height of his career in his younger days, but whilst many players hit their peak about 28 he was well on the way down by then. It happened to guys like Lee Sharpe too, but also in many ways Fernando Torres. The player post Liverpool was never the guy who was the deadliest striker in the world at 23/24. 
In many ways it happened to Cyrille too. He was never the player of those 77-82 years again, although his career carried on until late.
He should have moved club when he was in his pomp. Sticking around his local team just fattened him up into a big fish in a small pond. Could, and should, have been a much better player.
he bought his Dad a house over Sutton way , don't think he was quite so generous to his mother

One of my old work mates goes to the same church as his Dad
(03-28-2019, 06:55 PM)Twobags Norvegicus Wrote: he bought his Dad a house over Sutton way , don't think he was quite so generous to his mother

One of my old work mates goes to the same church as his Dad

Gabby had a house built on Roman Rd. Little Aston.  A hideous pile of bad taste.  Worth a mint though.  I know one of the neighbours, she reckons there is so much glass you can't help but see him wondering about in there.  Still, good luck to him, don't suppose he had the best of upbringings and he hasn't been a thorn in our side for a long time.