We've been rubbish and have bottled it
I don’t think he’s been half as good as some make out. His work ethic can’t be faulted but his decision making and end product is often quite poor imo. Phillips and Grady both being out at the same time has killed us as if he isn’t playing well then there’s not really much else to our attack.
Worth reading the interview in full:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...2023-04-11
(04-11-2023, 09:48 AM)wbamitch Wrote: I don’t think he’s been half as good as some make out. His work ethic can’t be faulted but his decision making and end product is often quite poor imo. Phillips and Grady both being out at the same time has killed us as if he isn’t playing well then there’s not really much else to our attack.

Really being messed about though and hardly playing on the right where we know he can do real damage.

Amazing yesterday how we put so many crosses into the box without Dike on the pitch then hardly managed any in the time he was on there !
I'd interpret that as " I know I've had a few poor games but bloody hell, have you seen the spineless buggers around me."
I agree. Give him the armband for the last few games, and let’s at least see if it wakes the tossers up. It can’t get any worse.
(04-11-2023, 09:48 AM)wbamitch Wrote: I don’t think he’s been half as good as some make out. His work ethic can’t be faulted but his decision making and end product is often quite poor imo. Phillips and Grady both being out at the same time has killed us as if he isn’t playing well then there’s not really much else to our attack.

Spot on. It's why he is here and not in the PL. Also his finishing is gash!! Yesterday he got into a couple of really good attacking positions and went backwards, that for me is bottling it.  Still one of our best this season, but very disappointing for the last month or do.
(04-11-2023, 07:20 PM)Mr Nimbus Wrote:

Spot on. It's why he is here and not in the PL. Also his finishing is gash!! Yesterday he got into a couple of really good attacking positions and went backwards, that for me is bottling it.  Still one of our best this season, but very disappointing for the last month or do.

Wallace is our best player by some considerable distance.

But he's no superstar. He's a footballer who plays in a poor side in the weakes lt Championship for years.