Rotherham match thread
(04-07-2023, 04:01 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 03:53 PM)johntoewba Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 03:50 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 03:46 PM)johntoewba Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 03:34 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: I'm with you on this bud, exactly the same in 80's & 90's  lead to some furious rows with her in doors over spending what little cash id got on the Albion instead of family things etc ,with these hard times and a very much wiser head i will not be making the same mistake again, far more important and pleasurable things to do with family and friends if i'm totally honest. I'll be up there mon for QPR with the gra dson but that will probably be it for this season at least may well be longer than that and if that makes me a shit fickle supporter ,,,,,,well i really dont give a flying fugg.

Same mate. The likes of me and you have been through the mill with this lot. I just don’t have the heart for it anymore
Sometimes you just have to know when to call it a day and walk away for your sanity and well being .

I will never walk away mate but really what is the point anymore? The game I fell in love with in the 70s has gone forever it’s just about money now . The world has changed beyond recognition same as football and I want no part of it

Probably always be up there to some degree but maybe start dropping the away games and some home games as the interest wanes under this wretched regime. Today we had another glimpse of the mediocrity that will more than likely become the normal in coming seasons as we get turned over by hard working but poor sides and then roll over against the 'big' teams like Watford and Bournemouth. Depressing with echoes of the late eighties and nineties.
However, many of us were much younger then had the passion for to stand up for our club against the world believing this must get better. No idea where we are going now.
I’m angry mate so angry that this is what we have come to but without a real concerted effort what as a fanbase can we do? It’s self preservation time I’m afraid. For my own sanity it’s time to take a break
(04-07-2023, 04:03 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 03:46 PM)johntoewba Wrote: Same mate. The likes of me and you have been through the mill with this lot. I just don’t have the heart for it anymore
Sometimes you just have to know when to call it a day and walk away for your sanity and well being .

I will never walk away mate but really what is the point anymore? The game I fell in love with in the 70s has gone forever it’s just about money now . The world has changed beyond recognition same as football and I want no part of it

Probably always be up there to some degree but maybe start dropping the away games and some home games as the interest wanes under this wretched regime. Today we had another glimpse of the mediocrity that will more than likely become the normal in coming seasons as we get turned over by hard working but poor sides and then roll over against the 'big' teams like Watford and Bournemouth. Depressing with echoes of the late eighties and nineties.
However, many of us were much younger then had the passion for to stand up for our club against the world believing this must get better. No idea where we are going now.

I wouldn't worry too much about Watford. The Monotone Moron Wilder is doing his best to ruin them.

Really using that as a euphemism for that kind of club that we shouldn't, traditionally, belittling ourselves against and thinking we can't compete now (add in Burnley, Brentford etc).
(04-07-2023, 04:06 PM)johntoewba Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 03:46 PM)johntoewba Wrote: Same mate. The likes of me and you have been through the mill with this lot. I just don’t have the heart for it anymore

I’m angry mate so angry that this is what we have come to but without a real concerted effort what as a fanbase can we do? It’s self preservation time I’m afraid. For my own sanity it’s time to take a break

Take a break from the Albion like FF has to concentrate on cooking, fashion and knocking the back out of imaginary models and air hostesses.
(04-07-2023, 04:08 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 03:50 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Sometimes you just have to know when to call it a day and walk away for your sanity and well being .

Take a break from the Albion like FF has to concentrate on cooking, fashion and knocking the back out of imaginary models and air hostesses.

That made me laugh! My poor wife will have to put up with me on Saturday afternoons instead
(04-07-2023, 04:10 PM)johntoewba Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 04:08 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 03:53 PM)johntoewba Wrote: I will never walk away mate but really what is the point anymore? The game I fell in love with in the 70s has gone forever it’s just about money now . The world has changed beyond recognition same as football and I want no part of it

That made me laugh! My poor wife will have to put up with me on Saturday afternoons instead

I'll end up going to matches just because of pressure from my boy. 

Really though, as an Albion fan you just have to go to the game and see it as a contest. Drinks before, game, drinks after, nice curry etc. Football is about the day and friends, the occasion. As supporters we spend far too much time looking at the league table and not just 'enjoying' the spectacle that is match day. We get relegated to League Two there'll still be matches to watch. We may even win a few and be competitive. As Albion fans we have been mistreated and lied to. Madness is the outcome of worrying about the big picture. Me, I've seen this lot coming years ago so it's no great surprise.
(04-07-2023, 03:23 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 02:55 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 02:52 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 02:35 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 02:21 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: During the week Corberan talked of desire. I saw plenty on show today but barely any of it was in yellow and green. I'm so fucking angry at that display. No passion and no bollocks.

Hugill bullied Pieters all afternoon. Semi looked shaken. Swift lost. Challobah simply not good enough. Agent Albrighton can fuck off to  B6. Someone please tell BTA to look up. TGH, I fear, isn't going to kick on, I'm very sad to say.

We seem to have the ability to turn what should be reasonable players into absolute shambling wrecks who look like they've never played the game
Or, is it that we sign far too many players whose career is in decline, Albrighton and Chalobah being prime examples

Yup.

Both were short term signings in January. Not an issue. 

The bigger issue is the allocation of the majority of our resources on main players.

Chalobah is contracted until the end of next season, bearing in mind our finances he cannot be seen as a short term signing
(04-07-2023, 04:51 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 03:23 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 02:55 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 02:52 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 02:35 PM)TartanRug Wrote: We seem to have the ability to turn what should be reasonable players into absolute shambling wrecks who look like they've never played the game
Or, is it that we sign far too many players whose career is in decline, Albrighton and Chalobah being prime examples

Yup.

Both were short term signings in January. Not an issue. 

The bigger issue is the allocation of the majority of our resources on main players.

Chalobah is contracted until the end of next season, bearing in mind our finances he cannot be seen as a short term signing

Yup.

Another fantastic football decision.