Mitrovic and the Fulham meltdown
Sorry don't know if there's been a thread on this, couldn't find one, but what the hell were Fulham thinking in that minute v Man U on Sunday?

Willian clearly handled it so had to go and both Silva and Mitrovic seemed to have completely lost all of their senses. Some of the most stupid and irrational behaviour sabotaging your team I've seen in a long time.
Pure stupidity from Fulham.
Just a moment of madness, but understandable to a degree. One goal up away at OT and about 20 minutes away from Wembley. Mitrovic is an emotional guy at the best of times but throw in the above and his perceived sense of injustice (it wasn't) and he explodes.

He needs to be made an example of though, the FA can't send a message that it's ok to manhandle a referee like that without serious punishment.
(03-21-2023, 09:40 AM)Duffers Wrote: Just a moment of madness, but understandable to a degree. One goal up away at OT and about 20 minutes away from Wembley. Mitrovic is an emotional guy at the best of times but throw in the above and his perceived sense of injustice (it wasn't) and he explodes.

He needs to be made an example of though, the FA can't send a message that it's ok to manhandle a referee like that without serious punishment.

Unless you are Bruno Fernandes of course.
Thought this Fred was going to be about me Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back
There's only one Fulham Meltdown Lad. BAWS wants a word. Eight Bells AOTS
(03-21-2023, 09:58 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 09:40 AM)Duffers Wrote: Just a moment of madness, but understandable to a degree. One goal up away at OT and about 20 minutes away from Wembley. Mitrovic is an emotional guy at the best of times but throw in the above and his perceived sense of injustice (it wasn't) and he explodes.

Unless you are Bruno Fernandes of course.

Had this discussion with some friends the other day.

The Mitrovic incident is clearly worse than the Fernandes incident. However, there needs to be some sort of minimum punishment for any player that touches one of the officials. Something like a 5 game ban or whatever, and then an escalated ban for aggravating circumstances like Mitrovic.

They really need to start booking players for arguing with them, but can't see it ever happening.
Remember years ago Petit was sent off for Arsenal for simply touching the referee.

Should be an instant red card for hands on a ref.
(03-21-2023, 10:29 AM)Duffers Wrote: Remember years ago Petit was sent off for Arsenal for simply touching the referee.

I mean, it was in this instance in fairness. But the Fernandes incident really is egregious.
(03-21-2023, 10:33 AM)AnelkasBeard Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 10:29 AM)Duffers Wrote: Remember years ago Petit was sent off for Arsenal for simply touching the referee.

I mean, it was in this instance in fairness. But the Fernandes incident really is egregious.

Fernandes should have gone too, no doubt about that.

Just needs to be a blanket statement issued - touch a ref or official and you're off.