Labour to force vote on Pension cap
A strange one, on the face of it - lead article on the Beeb is "pay settlement for NHS closer" and Labour seem to be saying "hold my beer".

However... is this about shoring up the internal Tory opposition to corporation tax rises?
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
Is say it’s just more about the narrative and news agenda, when, as Proth says, there is generally very little room economically for arguing what policies split the two ideologically. There isn’t much else to chew on really. Although the lengthy freeze on IT thresholds should be much bigger news than it is
Someone could have been killed
If Labour really cared about working people they'd be throwing a hissy fit about fiscal drag. Forcing a vote on the pension cap is irrelevant posturing, and merely serves to suggest mealy mouthed envy.
(03-16-2023, 11:30 AM)Protheroe Wrote: If Labour really cared about working people they'd be throwing a hissy fit about fiscal drag. Forcing a vote on the pension cap is irrelevant posturing, and merely serves to suggest mealy mouthed envy.

Yep - the freezing of personal allowances pulling more and more into paying more tax and increasing poverty amongst some of the worst off is what they should be banging on about
More worried about rich people getting richer than poor people getting poorer, I guess.
More Libor than Labour
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(03-16-2023, 11:39 AM)Fido Wrote: More worried about rich people getting richer than poor people getting poorer, I guess.

Labour needs a certain number of poor people as a core vote. Setting up division between them and the handful of people shovelling their own cash into a pension is a reasonably typical response.
There's only one political party that has come out against the freeze and the chances of them getting into government are very slim unless Labour fuck up massively and the Tories don't capitalise on it.