Training….
They looked ok 2nd half when they should feel more tired. Issue is him playing players out of position in the first half
(02-20-2023, 10:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-20-2023, 10:21 PM)wba13 Wrote:
(02-20-2023, 10:13 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Chalobah barely ran, so feck knows how he was tired! he's a poor man's Sawyers. Albrighton, as some thought is just at the end of his career and offers us nothing, other than him being shoehorned in and helping the opposition.

Weren't people applauding them being trained properly again not so long ago?? Funny old game.

There are some real know it alls on here. You all must be in top coaching jobs to know so much about our training regime.
We crap tonight first half better second half fitness had nothing to do with that result making mistakes and missing chances lost us 3 points today and 2 points last Wednesday.

Quite
Fuck off Derek you clueless prick

If you watch the game you’ll see players who earlier this season weee full of an energetic press now standing off and being one paced as players run pass them in midfield

That’s a side being over trained and not at match sharpness when the game starts, exactly the same v Blues, 2nd to every 2nd ball
First half v Blackburn the same

Credit when it’s due, criticism when it’s due also

We were mikes off it first 45 and if you think any different you need a head wobble

Zero energy in our game

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
There's some proper panicking going on. We had an excellent run of form. It was always going to be followed by a bumpy patch.

We had some lucky results during our winning run, now we've had two unlucky ones. We did enough to beat Blackburn and draw today, but it didn't happen. That's football.
I touched on it slightly in another post that the last goal came from just throwing tired legs at the shot and not being on their toes. It’s not just the goal tonight though, we seemed to have lost a bit of desire but I’m not certain it’s tiredness, it could be and it looks that way but more than likely a few things. There is an intensity about us but we seem to not know when we need to use it and don’t understand how to keep momentum and manage the game better.
(02-20-2023, 10:23 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote: Sorry Cuz. Are you suggesting we had more sprints and more average km per player second half than second half because they’re gassed?

I didn’t see any let up in intensity second half in fact many got stronger; Townsend, Furlong, Okay.

The two you mentioned, one has come from a team who have a lower intensity style of play, the other has had 3 starts.

Let’s not let the facts get in the way though.

Depends how closely you watch them BB

First half we saw players heavy legged in midfield, Albrighton should not be gassed after 20 minutes at any level

We trained Saturday and Sunday before a Monday game?

Leeds we’re renowned for their heavy training regime, players have said how hard he works them 

We also know Bruce had them on easy street

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(02-20-2023, 10:10 PM)Cuzer Wrote: I’ll put it out there now, he’s training them too hard

Look at Albrighton, came from the Prem where he’s been playing and involved, he was absolutely gassed after 20 minutes today, treading water

Chalobah the same, miles off it and withdrawn. They trained Saturday and Sunday this weekend

We know these fuckers we’re on easy street under Bruce but so many of them seem to have hit the fitness wall

Also time to get Semi in at CH, Wallace has to play at 10

Watford we’re nothing and we came away with bugger all tonight, piss poor

Cuzer

Wallace has to play at 10? LOL
(02-20-2023, 10:10 PM)Cuzer Wrote: I’ll put it out there now, he’s training them too hard

Look at Albrighton, came from the Prem where he’s been playing and involved, he was absolutely gassed after 20 minutes today, treading water

Chalobah the same, miles off it and withdrawn. They trained Saturday and Sunday this weekend

We know these fuckers we’re on easy street under Bruce but so many of them seem to have hit the fitness wall

Cuzer

Really disagree with Wallace at 10 but so many other issues at the moment.
(02-20-2023, 10:29 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(02-20-2023, 10:23 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote: Sorry Cuz. Are you suggesting we had more sprints and more average km per player second half than second half because they’re gassed?

I didn’t see any let up in intensity second half in fact many got stronger; Townsend, Furlong, Okay.

The two you mentioned, one has come from a team who have a lower intensity style of play, the other has had 3 starts.

Let’s not let the facts get in the way though.

Depends how closely you watch them BB

First half we saw players heavy legged in midfield, Albrighton should not be gassed after 20 minutes at any level

We trained Saturday and Sunday before a Monday game?

Leeds we’re renowned for their heavy training regime, players have said how hard he works them 

We also know Bruce had them on easy street

Cuzer

The Albrighton and Chalobah thing is something different. That’s just not being up to the demands in actual games, that’s a poor management decisions. 

From what I know training yesterday was more positioning then video analysis suite stuff. This thought was second hand. 

I don’t think we are over trained I think we are razor thin on squad. Phillips as I said at the time was a massive massive loss, Bartley the same though I maybe didn’t realise how much. Palmer was a blow. 

As such we have tired minds as much as legs.
(02-20-2023, 10:31 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

Cuzer

Wallace has to play at 10? LOL

Can only think that was a mistake by Cuzer. No way that Wallace should play as a 10. The best right winger in the division has to play on the wing.
By all accounts he learned not to overwork his players from his time at Leeds.

He does lots of technical ) analytical, classroom work with them. So it could be mental rather than physical.

We just need to return to the basics. Get ourselves into a good mid/deep block, reduce the space between the lines again. And work to break quickly through Wallace, Grady and which ever forward is playing.