Dike/BTA
(02-11-2023, 02:53 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 12:18 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I think Dwight was an excellent player for us, but some fans really did become besotted with him, seeing him in best 11 lists and all sorts, insanity.

I find it funny that Gayle was hailed as a genius whereas Rodriguez was just a penalty taker when Rodriguez all round play was better than Gayle's.

Both fine players and what we currently need.
(02-11-2023, 02:44 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 02:37 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(02-10-2023, 11:38 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Dike had no help in the first half and BTA had no service in the second half. Midfield was poor in possession and the crossing was too easy to defend against. Don't see how either can be to blame. I honestly can't recall an opportunity where either had a chance to get a shot away.

BTA set one up for Dike near the end which he skyed, only thing I recall.

I wouldn't really classify a half volley outside the box on his weak foot as a real opportunity personally.

It was a half chance,  as much as we created, not what you would call a real opportunity.  

And if it's his 'weak' foot he needs to get on the training pitch like I did when I was a kid hitting the ball against a wall for hours until my left was as good as my right - it can be done.  

Disgraceful that professionals can't kick the ball with both feet.
I’m really not sure about Dike for a centre forward he never seems to be facing the goal very often
Hence the reason his lack of goals.
The Dike 'chance' was like Swifts 'shot'.

A poor decision. It was never on. It was a symptom of our desperation.

We did not create one, even half, chance last night. That's not to do with the forwards. It was to do with the midfield which to a man were poor all game bar Grady for 10 mins at the start.

Just as a comparison. The player many have called 'the best forward in the league' in Gyokores. Has a goal contribution/90mins of 0.59 so technically worse than Dike.
(02-11-2023, 03:26 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: The Dike 'chance' was like Swifts 'shot'.

We did not create one, even half, chance last night. That's not to do with the forwards. It was to do with the midfield which to a man were poor all game bar Grady for 10 mins at the start.

What about Albrighton who is 'class'?
(02-11-2023, 03:30 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:

CB/CC (or which ever account you're logged into this hour). You have to accept us having a bad game doesn't make the players poor? Surely. 

Albrighton is proven top flight player and premier league champion. He is 'class' at our level.

Just as a comparison. The player many have called 'the best forward in the league' in Gyokores. Has a goal contribution/90mins of 0.59 so technically worse than Dike.
That's also taking into account his penalties.
(02-11-2023, 03:32 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 03:30 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:

CB/CC (or which ever account you're logged into this hour). You have to accept us having a bad game doesn't make the players poor? Surely. 

Albrighton is proven top flight player and premier league champion. He is 'class' at our level.

Decent player. Wrong signing.
Leagues stats for gc/90.

Benson Manuel - 0.88
Akpom - 0.85
McBurnie - 0.77
Simms - 0.71
Morris - 0.69

Apart from those. Dike is in the next band of attackers players doing well. After a year out injured.