Outfield players in goal
All this got me thinking (at 3 in the morning - I hate losing like we did last night) about outfield players in goal and seem to remember Horsfield and Andy Johnson ending up in goal at some stages in the past. What were the circumstances and am I remembering it properly?

Any others that people remember, and who would go in out of the current mob?
Graham Williams  - defo

Bomber?

Letting KenZo go now looks like a big mistake.
Huddersfield ended up with an outfield player in goal against us in the late 90s after Nico Vaesen got sent off. We won 3-1 IIRC but I couldn’t tell you who ended up in goal for them.

There was also that Bristol City game in the last few years when we couldn’t register a shot on target in the half hour they’d got an outfield player in goal.
Bradley played against Bolton after Dibbs got knocked out

Colin West v Sunderland after Naylor injury around 88/90
Darren Bradley was a classic one, he caught a shot somewhere by his ear, loudest cheer of the match.
Going back many years (early 70's), Gordon Nesbit went in after John Osbourne got sent off/went off injured (can't remember which) at Sunderland. Nesbit's first task was to face a penalty. He saved it. What most people didn't know was that he'd started as a 'keeper, but switched to right back after a few games in the reserves as goalie.
(02-11-2023, 09:11 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: Going back many years (early 70's), Gordon Nesbit went in after John Osbourne got sent off/went off injured (can't remember which) at Sunderland. Nesbit's first task was to face a penalty. He saved it. What most people didn't know was that he'd started as a 'keeper, but switched to right back after a few games in the reserves as goalie.

I always thought he started this game as a goalkeeper. 

Converted to a right back at a later date.
I thought this was going to be a question of which outfield players would be better in goal than Button. The answer: all of them I should imagine.
(02-11-2023, 09:35 AM)Stillclem4england Wrote: I thought this was going to be a question of which outfield players would be better in goal than Button. The answer: all of them I should imagine.

Except for Scott Darton.
Didn’t Clem play in goal during a game?
I told you I’ll be back