Favourite
Underappreciated household item.

Me?  I'm having the bathroom done at the moment and have never appreciated the simplistic brilliance of the u-bend before.  I also wish I hadn't done a dodgy shit just a few hours before the fitters came.  It's been lingering for 4 days now.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
I only recently stepped into the 21st century and purchased a cordless vacuum cleaner. What was I doing for so long, why are people still bothering untangling and winding up wires?

It's changed my life.
(02-09-2023, 09:35 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: I only recently stepped into the 21st century and purchased a cordless vacuum cleaner. What was I doing for so long, why are people still boring untangling and winding up wires?

It's changed my life.

It amazes me how many people unwind cables on vacuum cleaners, totally unaware that the top catch can rotate and so the whole cable comes off as one.
I told you I’ll be back
(02-09-2023, 09:38 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 09:35 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: I only recently stepped into the 21st century and purchased a cordless vacuum cleaner. What was I doing for so long, why are people still boring untangling and winding up wires?

It's changed my life.

It amazes me how many people unwind cables on vacuum cleaners, totally unaware that the top catch can rotate and so the whole cable comes off as one.

Do that and it ends up in a huge mess, plus you have to wind it back on. A total waste of time.
(02-09-2023, 09:45 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:

It's changed my life.

Do that and it ends up in a huge mess, plus you have to wind it back on. A total waste of time.

I’ve never had a tangled vacuum power lead in all my life. To wind it back on takes less than 10
Seconds 

It doesn’t run out of power at any point either.
I told you I’ll be back

It's changed my life.

I'm amazed you are amazed.  I'd never give it a thought either way.  I still beat the carpet the old way.
(02-09-2023, 09:12 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Underappreciated household item.

Me?  I'm having the bathroom done at the moment and have never appreciated the simplistic brilliance of the u-bend before.  I also wish I hadn't done a dodgy shit just a few hours before the fitters came.  It's been lingering for 4 days now.

It's not really an item but the light above the hob when cooking is easily my favourite light in the house
(02-09-2023, 11:00 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

It's changed my life.

I’ve never had a tangled vacuum power lead in all my life. To wind it back on takes less than 10
Seconds 

Ten seconds multiplied by the amount of times I'll vacuum in my life from now on is a saving I am pleased with. Wires are for the weak.

Did you get your vacuum from Milano?
The 'magic cupboard' thingy we had installed when we had the kitchen done last year. No more bending down and fertling in the back of the corner cupboard searching after that little oven dish or something. You just open the door, and the entire contents of the cupboard are presented in front of you. Excellent.
(02-09-2023, 11:00 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

It's changed my life.

Seconds 

Indeed. I recently returned back to a corded vacuum, with 10 meters of cord, a Shark as it happens, so I can happily meander around the house safe in the knowledge the power won't cut out, unless I'm unfortunate enough to be hoovering midst power cut.