Corbs
Good assessment from him. It's refreshing to have a manager who is so honest about a performance good or bad.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/carlos-corber...ey-verdict
I only saw the stats and from them he's spot on. 2 months back we'd have been creaming at the thought of even competing with Burnley.
(01-20-2023, 11:18 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I only saw the stats and from them he's spot on. 2 months back we'd have been creaming at the thought of even competing with Burnley.

Although we were the better team against them at the Hawthorns remember.
find better and more solutions = A S A N T E
(01-21-2023, 12:00 AM)igorbalis Wrote: find better and more solutions = A S A N T E

That's just one possible solution - there are more needed.   But boy have we missed him as Dike is just not up to a pulsating 90 minutes at the moment but it will come - 2 games in a yr.  

Phillips was in the team because Diang is out of sorts and Grant injured and also out of sorts.  Are either Diang or Grant the solution to the left of the three? 

My understanding was Wallace was the replacement for Phillips who is essentially a right winger as is Wallace.  Phillips is versatile however and Carlos quickly spotted that. 

Wallace does a lot of running but has to be more effective and this is another major solution Carlos has within his armoury but Wallace was ineffectual tonight (didn't want to say useless).  

Yes you need to defend and we did valiently tonight and in fact their goal came when Okay was off the pitch, had he not been  ?? 

It's goals that ultimately are going to get us in the POs.   Carlos has to decide if Diang or Grant are up to it  (Stoke being linked with a loan move for Grant) and if not - particularly with Phillips probably out til April (on past recoveries) get someone in to play on the left of the three.   We also need another forward to compete with Dike/Asante - that is obvious with the BTA ban.   At least he's available now for Bristols. 

The FA Cup has fortuitously given us a couple of weeks to lick our wounds, get some players in and find the solutions we couldn't tonight - one of them being braver - as Carlos mentioned.
(01-20-2023, 11:18 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I only saw the stats and from them he's spot on. 2 months back we'd have been creaming at the thought of even competing with Burnley.

Earlier in the season we outplayed Burnley and drew with them