Zahawi
(01-25-2023, 12:26 PM)baggy1 Wrote: The grief and hoops my daughter had to jump through for Stratford DC was ridiculous and ultimately cost them thousands because of the delays.

I still find it ridiculous that they refused to let KEVI School build houses and a state of the art sports hub (there's no public facility in Stratford that comes close) on their playing fields. But letting their mate the local Tory MP do what he wants, fair game.
(01-25-2023, 12:32 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 12:26 PM)baggy1 Wrote: The grief and hoops my daughter had to jump through for Stratford DC was ridiculous and ultimately cost them thousands because of the delays.

I still find it ridiculous that they refused to let KEVI School build houses and a state of the art sports hub (there's no public facility in Stratford that comes close) on their playing fields. But letting their mate the local Tory MP do what he wants, fair game.
Re Kes I agree but local Lib Dem Councillor fights hard to protect her own back yard and has enough backing on the council to achieve this.
(01-25-2023, 01:56 PM)garryowensneck Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 12:32 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Re Kes I agree but local Lib Dem Councillor fights hard to protect her own back yard and has enough backing on the council to achieve this.

Well aware of Kate Rolfe's love of the trees but ultimately if Cargill and the rest of the Tories didn't also support blocking it then her complaints would be moot.
Guardian questioning who lent him and his wife £30m to build their property empire. I suspect they already know.

i newspaper has a front pager which states HMRC boss does do penalties for ‘innocent errors’.

Bring out the lettuce.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(01-27-2023, 07:52 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Guardian questioning who lent him and his wife £30m to build their property empire. I suspect they already know.

i newspaper has a front pager which states HMRC boss does'nt do penalties for ‘innocent errors’.

Bring out the lettuce.

An innocent genuine error ought not be subject to civil penalties (this doesn't apply to excise....)

A penalty that is subject to 30% of the tax may fall under aheading of "careless" (which is defined for tax purposes by statute) but that covers a range of "behaviours".  30% is a big 'un which indicates it wasn't just "careless" in the non-statutory meaning.
(01-27-2023, 10:45 AM)hudds Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 07:52 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Guardian questioning who lent him and his wife £30m to build their property empire. I suspect they already know.

i newspaper has a front pager which states HMRC boss does'nt do penalties for ‘innocent errors’.

Bring out the lettuce.

An innocent genuine error ought not be subject to civil penalties (this doesn't apply to excise....)

A penalty that is subject to 30% of the tax may fall under aheading of "careless" (which is defined for tax purposes by statute) but that covers a range of "behaviours".  30% is a big 'un which indicates it wasn't just "careless" in the non-statutory meaning.
Is roysh, although my typing wasn't.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
Clinging on like he’s a Star Trek legend ay he. Rishi comes across like he should be managing a small third sector charity rather than Government.
Someone could have been killed
How many government ministers have been sacked or resigned in past 12 months?

No googling and a pint of bathams to anyone guesses within 10 of right number
(01-27-2023, 01:45 PM)Ournextstriker Wrote: How many government ministers have been sacked or resigned in past 12 months?

(01-27-2023, 01:54 PM)hudds Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 01:45 PM)Ournextstriker Wrote: How many government ministers have been sacked or resigned in past 12 months?

sorry pal too high