Corberan
With the rumours increasing that WHU will replace Moyes with CC, does anybody think he will leave mid season?

WHU only have to buy out 2 years' worth of his contract, and we all know what Lai is like with money.

CC has history of this as well....he walked halfway through a 4 year deal with Huddersfield in 2022, albeit three days before the start of the season rather than once it had started (although he must have been involved pre-season with the Terriers) 

I have no doubt that we will lose him to a bigger club at some stage in the future, but would he go now?

(I'm happy to be shouted down on this, BTW)
Sponsored by Bet365 - other betting sites are available
Currently the top 5 in the bookies for next Weat Ham manager are Brendan Rodgers, Tuchel, Pochettino, Thomas Frank and Dyche. I think they’d try to go for more of a “name” than CC
Wouldn’t they be tempted to go with their old Ammer Carrick over CC ?
(01-15-2023, 08:26 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Wouldn’t they be tempted to go with their old Ammer Carrick over CC ?

Posted on another thread that Carrick has had an almost equal impact and has a big name draw… he’s also had a few years at OT coaching and that always blinds chairmen.

CC left Hudds because he realised there was no way he could replicate last season’s achievements with the deeper budget cuts the board needed to put on the squad. It’s a very different set of circumstances here.
I know he’s had a blinder since rocking up at ours but I really don’t think any Prem clubs will be giving him any serious consideration. Which is good
Sorry for the despondency all....It's such a weird feeling watching a West Brom team play like this at the moment.

I'm reminded of the famous quote from Macmillan.....'You've never had it so good'.

For those that have followed us for longer than I have, can you recall feeling like this in the past about a West Brom side?

For me the Regis, Batson, Cunningham era is the only one that comes close to this.
Sponsored by Bet365 - other betting sites are available
It’s only 12 games. We’re good for this season imo.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(01-15-2023, 08:41 AM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: Sorry for the despondency all....It's such a weird feeling watching a West Brom team play like this at the moment.

I'm reminded of the famous quote from Macmillan.....'You've never had it so good'. 

For those that have followed us for longer than I have, can you recall feeling like this in the past about a West Brom side?

For me the Regis, Batson, Cunningham era is the only one that comes close to this.

Being a solid Prem team under Roy and Steve felt great

Smashing the champ with a great midfield under Mowbray

Corbs is getting legend status soon tho
(01-15-2023, 09:06 AM)Ournextstriker Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 08:41 AM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: Sorry for the despondency all....It's such a weird feeling watching a West Brom team play like this at the moment.

Being a solid Prem team under Roy and Steve felt great

Smashing the champ with a great midfield under Mowbray

Corbs is getting legend status soon tho
Agree. I'll add the Bilic promotion team. Probably less fondly remembered because it was all on lockdown TV
(01-15-2023, 08:20 AM)Sliced Wrote: Currently the top 5 in the bookies for next Weat Ham manager are Brendan Rodgers, Tuchel, Pochettino, Thomas Frank and Dyche. I think they’d try to go for more of a “name” than CC

Those "names" all have Premier League experience unlike CC. Would be surprised if they go for CC, too risky and no previous link to the club