Team against Chesterfield
Malcolm seems the next cab off the rank which is harsh on Cleary but I hope he’s on the bench at least

Button

Ingram. Kelly. Ajayi. Ashworth

Livermore. TGH

Grady. Rogic. Reach

Grant/Malcolm

Love to smash these after their antics in the first leg but can see it being another tough night given the changes we have to make with Burnley 72 hours later

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(01-15-2023, 10:53 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: With arguably our toughest game of the season away to Burnley on the Friday there will be wholesale changes. Would rather see TGH in midfield than right back.
Malcolm looks ahead of Cleary now in the pecking order.

Maybe Cleary’s agent acting up again? Don’t think we will ever be too far away from another Saido moment with that lad.
Depends whether CC really cares about staying in the Cup. Button and Kelly shouldn't play, but will if he's keen to keep the first choice players fit for Friday night.

I'm sure Livermore will play, but if he doesn't have Molumby or TGH alongside him we're screwed. The Livermore effect is remarkable - it sucks the energy out of our players and creates acres of space for the opposition in front of our defence. Only his Obi Wan Kenobi powers of persuasion have prevented successive managers from seeing this.

If Grant isn't fit, it will be interesting to see who gets a game up front.
Its unfortunate that we play Burnley of all sides, 3 days later. For me we need to rest a few on Tuesday. Realistically, we should still have enough to overcome a non league side at home. That's not arrogance, it is simply fact, if our fringe players can't win the game we may as well be knocked out anyway.
(01-15-2023, 10:55 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Malcolm seems the next cab off the rank which is harsh on Cleary but I hope he’s on the bench at least

Button

Ingram. Kelly.  Ajayi.  Ashworth

Livermore.  TGH

Grady.  Rogic.  Reach

Grant/Malcolm

Love to smash these after their antics in the first leg but can see it being another tough night given the changes we have to make with Burnley 72 hours later

Cuzer

Be interesting to see who gets the nod out of those that you mention. I like Jovan but it’s hard to fathom how he would be selected ahead of Cleary. I expect a very tricky match, they’re a very able outfit
Someone could have been killed
I think Jovan Malcolm is more physically ready and has had plenty of experience out on loan.

Cleary, whilst obviously capable and a natural goalscorer seem way off it in terms of his footballing brain and stamina.
(01-15-2023, 10:56 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 10:53 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: With arguably our toughest game of the season away to Burnley on the Friday there will be wholesale changes. Would rather see TGH in midfield than right back.

Maybe Cleary’s agent acting up again? Don’t think we will ever be too far away from another Saido moment with that lad.

If he has the impact Saddo had in the pre prima Donna days then fair enough. Acting up with a reserve super star, then silly boy.
(01-15-2023, 11:01 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Depends whether CC really cares about staying in the Cup. Button and Kelly shouldn't play, but will if he's keen to keep the first choice players fit for Friday night.

I'm sure Livermore will play, but if he doesn't have Molumby or TGH alongside him we're screwed. The Livermore effect is remarkable - it sucks the energy out of our players and creates acres of space for the opposition in front of our defence. Only his Obi Wan Kenobi powers of persuasion have prevented successive managers from seeing this.

Get through and maybe to the 5th round could mean an additional signing or a better one.
(01-15-2023, 06:01 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 11:01 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Depends whether CC really cares about staying in the Cup. Button and Kelly shouldn't play, but will if he's keen to keep the first choice players fit for Friday night.

Get through and maybe to the 5th round could mean an additional signing or a better one.

But to what potential cost??????

Cleary may be injured. 

Malcolm is two yrs older than Cleary.   

Regarded as the next wonderkid three years ago.  Maybe his chance has come. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKxv8Ujc8BY