Man Utd equaliser VAR
Dear lord, my if Rashford is not interfering I’ll never know what is, he actually pulls his leg to shoot, then realised he’s offside.
Absolutely ridiculous decision.

But also very funny.
Man United or Man City...

Can't say I'm too bothered. One of the few advantages of VAR fucking up is that it pisses of these clubs.
(01-14-2023, 10:41 PM)Duffers Wrote: Absolutely ridiculous decision.

But also very funny.

It's not funny.

If we'd scored that goal it would've been ruled out, or Wolves or Southampton or Bournemouth or Brentford or anyone other than a "favoured" "elite" club.

And therein lies a massive issue that everyone ignores. Blatant cheating in plain sight.
(01-14-2023, 10:47 PM)Atomic Wrote:

But also very funny.

It's not funny.

If we'd scored that goal it would've been ruled out, or Wolves or Southampton or Bournemouth or Brentford or anyone other than a "favoured" "elite" club.

And therein lies a massive issue that everyone ignores. Blatant cheating in plain sight.

Are City not an “elite” club too?

It’s an absolute travesty of a decision but ultimately it’s one big club being fucked over in favour of another.
Does anyone know the actual rule? I recall Djiouf at Liverpool waving a leg at the ball but being deemed not offside for not touching the ball before someone else scored about 10/15 years ago.
(01-14-2023, 10:58 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Does anyone know the actual rule? I recall Djiouf at Liverpool waving a leg at the ball but being deemed not offside for not touching the ball before someone else scored about 10/15 years ago.

I don’t know the official definition of the rule but Rashford doesn’t seem to realise he’s offside, he chases the ball the leaves it because Fernandez is better places to strike it.

That has to be interfering with play surely? Players are given offside if they’re blocking the keeper’s view for instance, touching the ball shouldn’t matter.
(01-14-2023, 10:56 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 10:47 PM)Atomic Wrote:

But also very funny.

It's not funny.

Are City not an “elite” club too?

It’s an absolute travesty of a decision but ultimately it’s one big club being fucked over in favour of another.

They are but Man U are the biggest brand in world football. 

In any case this is one incident. 

It happens all the time. When did an "elite" club get turned over against a "standard" club? 

How many times do they get decisions that are then explained away by ex refs or pundits spouting absolute bllx. 

Mbaye Diagne had a goal disallowed v Liverpool because there weren't enough cameras in the ground. Just one of a dozen examples I could reel off in twenty mins with hardly any effort if I could be arsed. Now have you ever heard of such bullshit? If Liverpool scored that goal would it be ruled out? Not a chance in a zillion years and everyone knows it. But things like this are just allowed to go on.
(01-14-2023, 11:02 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 10:58 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Does anyone know the actual rule? I recall Djiouf at Liverpool waving a leg at the ball but being deemed not offside for not touching the ball before someone else scored about 10/15 years ago.

I don’t know the official definition of the rule but Rashford doesn’t seem to realise he’s offside, he chases the ball the leaves it because Fernandez is better places to strike it.

That has to be interfering with play surely? Players are given offside if they’re blocking the keeper’s view for instance, touching the ball shouldn’t matter.

Totally agree he should’ve been called off but at the same time I don’t know what the rule is anymore and doubt many others do either. The refs and media have created this circus with the OTT analysis of offside decisions. By rights, Rashford is surely offside. Like you say, surely running towards the ball and nearly having a shot should constitute “interfering with play.”
Probably classed as OK in todays game but as a defender I would be fuming if that stood in my day

Clearly stopped the defender from comfortably clearing the ball, nonsense decision

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers