Corberan
you would have to assume dyche is going to get one of those jobs. 

not many fire fighting managers left now.
(01-14-2023, 05:13 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I keep saying it, but I honestly believe that CC is a man of his word. He's going nowhere until he gets us up.

Where has he said that? He left Huddersfield without getting them up remember.

As far as the OP is concerned, managers' contracts make little difference - if a situation arises where their choice is to leave, they'll leave. Remember that, unlike players, managers can resign if it comes down to that.
(01-14-2023, 05:20 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 05:13 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I keep saying it, but I honestly believe that CC is a man of his word. He's going nowhere until he gets us up.

As far as the OP is concerned, managers' contracts make little difference - if a situation arises where their choice is to leave, they'll leave. Remember that, unlike players, managers can resign if it comes down to that.
Agreed but poaching him would give us decent compensation if he's on a 5 year deal for example.

When he came in he said it's a burning ambition of his to take a champ side up. And that he considered unfinished business.

He didn't jump ship for Greece either, as when he left Hudds he had no job offers. It's football and he could be another say what's required type, but personally I have a good feeling that he's a bit old skool and that his word means something.

Also like I said, they could just as easily try and nick Carrick who has done similar to CC with Boro. So personally, I don't think CC is going anywhere, yet.
I can hear Brucey now “sods law they won another one”
(01-14-2023, 05:14 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 05:09 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Everton, West Ham and Leicester jobs available soon?  

Are they going to take a gamble on a manager who only has a play-off defeat on his CV?

Would Everton take a gamble on a manager who only had a play-off defeat on his CV? 

What, like Lampard you mean?

Lampard was/is a 'name'. Thickos in football get blinded by that.
(01-14-2023, 05:16 PM)MassDebater Wrote: On the same basis maybe they'll nick Carrick instead!

I do think Carrick more compelling than Corberan due to his reputation as a player and the fact he spent so long at OT.

I think any decent PL side will be monitoring both but I don’t feel overly worried that CC will leave this season.

(01-14-2023, 05:28 PM)rickbaggie Wrote: I can hear Brucey now “sods law they won another one”

“I knew they’d be there or there abouts… extra chilli sauce love”
(01-14-2023, 05:31 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 05:16 PM)MassDebater Wrote: On the same basis maybe they'll nick Carrick instead!

I do think Carrick more compelling than Corberan due to his reputation as a player and the fact he spent so long at OT.

I think any decent PL side will be monitoring both but I don’t feel overly worried that CC will leave this season.

(01-14-2023, 05:28 PM)rickbaggie Wrote: I can hear Brucey now “sods law they won another one”

“I knew they’d be there or there abouts… extra chilli sauce love”

I signed most of wor players. We will just have to dust wor selves down and go to Kebabish again

He left Hudds because they sold their best players instead of backing him. 

It's a bit scary to think if Everton/W Ham/Leeds or Leicester come in for him what will he do?   There are no guarantees at Albion and there are no guarantees he would keep any of those up.  Are these prima-donnas going to listen to him? 

Let's hope he decides to see the job through this season at least.

[