Necessary retirement income levels
(01-14-2023, 03:51 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: £37k is higher than the median household income in this country, a single pensioner bringing in that much - likely tax free - with presumably much lower outgoings by virtue of being less likely to be renting or having a mortgage and additional support is surely a bit better off than "comfortable".

Two PhD candidates at Imperial College living together would be taking in less than that.

Could you let me know how to get out of tax, I'm on much less that and have no choice about it. Any pension provider has to inform HMRC and is taxed PAYE
(01-14-2023, 03:54 PM)HugeHons Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 03:51 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: £37k is higher than the median household income in this country, a single pensioner bringing in that much - likely tax free - with presumably much lower outgoings by virtue of being less likely to be renting or having a mortgage and additional support is surely a bit better off than "comfortable".

Two PhD candidates at Imperial College living together would be taking in less than that.

Doubtful 37k would be tax free,you would still have to pay 20 percent over about 13k.

Yeah, sorry had a brainfart then.

A reduced tax due to no NI I'd class that as more than comfortable still.