Villa
(01-14-2023, 12:00 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 11:20 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 11:16 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 10:57 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Why are so many so fuggin' obsessed with the fishy cunts?

Ummmm.

Our traditional rivals, wasn't Wolves, that came about when we dropped a bit as a club. My Granddad lived next to the Hawthorns, he hates Wolves, he truly detests Villa. Other Grandad was even involved with the club, same for him.

Well here we go for another Villa or Wolves debate  Big Grin

You'll find a huge number hate Wolves more than Villa. And as PK would say: it's  a geographical thing.

It is, but most hate both, just one more than the other.

To not hate one is weird.

No it's not at all. Loads don't really give a fuck about Villa. Just like loads don't really give a fuck about Wolves. To be honest as I've got older I don't really even hate Wolves. Quite a few Wolves mates who are good people and the banter is fun.
Oh, I hate Villa. A large load of my friends are Villa fans, from school, and they infested Cornwall too. All deluded, all arrogant. Otherwise, decent people, never talk about football with them though.

I've known two Wolves fans my entire life, it's more pity than hatred, but I still wish them nothing but bad luck and failure.
(01-14-2023, 12:12 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Oh, I hate Villa. A large load of my friends are Villa fans, from school, and they infested Cornwall too. All deluded, all arrogant. Otherwise, decent people, never talk about football with them though.

I've known two Wolves fans my entire life, it's more pity than hatred, but I still wish them nothing but bad luck and failure.

You've known two Wolves fans in your life. So you're certainly not from North of Brum! My hatred of other clubs has mellowed and turned into disappointment  with my own to be honest. We're on a decent run at the moment so let's hope it continues so we can edge a little closer to our more illustrious neighbours.
(01-14-2023, 12:17 AM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 12:12 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Oh, I hate Villa. A large load of my friends are Villa fans, from school, and they infested Cornwall too. All deluded, all arrogant. Otherwise, decent people, never talk about football with them though.

You've known two Wolves fans in your life. So you're certainly not from North of Brum! My hatred of other clubs has mellowed and turned into disappointment  with my own to be honest. We're on a decent run at the moment so let's hope it continues so we can edge a little closer to our more illustrious neighbours.

Haha, no, I'm from South of Brum (Worcester, Villa area.) Hence I do hate Villa more, but my family are pure West Bromwich and always said Villa were main rivals, my Paternal Grandad was a supporter of the club pre WW2 and says it.
The neighbours are cunts so fuck 'em.
I hate them. I love every bit of misfortune that happens to them almost as much as I enjoy anything good that happens to us.
(01-14-2023, 12:27 AM)Squid Wrote: I hate them. I love every bit of misfortune that happens to them almost as much as I enjoy anything good that happens to us.

Lot of hatred there. You should talk to someone. 

But seriously I love the rivalry in English football. I was watching an Ice hockey match in Calgary in February (Flames) and my good lady just went in an Oilers shirt (biggest rivals) and everything was fine. Few little digs, nothing more. Imagine going to the Albion wearing a Wolves (or Villa shirt).
(01-13-2023, 10:57 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Why are so many so fuggin' obsessed with the fishy cunts?

Ummmm.

Our traditional rivals, wasn't Wolves, that came about when we dropped a bit as a club. My Granddad lived next to the Hawthorns, he hates Wolves, he truly detests Villa. Other Grandad was even involved with the club, same for him.

Not in my backyard. I'd barely heard of villa till we dropped a division and played them in 1973. It was a big game mind.  First derby I remember was being taken to Molineux one night about 1966 aged 9ish and left outside a pub with a vimto,  the roughest looking sods walking past  giving me the thumbs up on seeing my scarf.  We equalised with a supposed handball in a 3-3 under the lights (beat them at home 4-1) and there was trouble AOTS. Aged 9  i was both terrified andI loving it. Especially at school next morning.
Villa come nowhere near this. I don't like them, these days I live among them, but there isn't anything close to the pure adrenaline of Albion v Wolves.
(01-14-2023, 01:03 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:

Ummmm.

Not in my backyard. I'd barely heard of villa till we dropped a division and played them in 1973. It was a big game mind.  First derby I remember was being taken to Molineux one night about 1966 aged 9ish and left outside a pub with a vimto,  the roughest looking sods walking past  giving me the thumbs up on seeing my scarf.  We equalised with a supposed handball in a 3-3 under the lights (beat them at home 4-1) and there was trouble AOTS. Aged 9  i was both terrified andI loving it. Especially at school next morning.
Villa come nowhere near this. I don't like them, these days I live among them, but there isn't anything close to the pure adrenaline of Albion v Wolves.

Correct.
I hate stoke more than wolves