Irrational irritations
(01-10-2023, 05:48 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: People who turn up at post offices where there is only one counter open, with 30 parcels to send...clearly a business, all of them needing to be special delivery, recorded delivery etc.

Got stuck behind someone like that today, spent 10 minutes waiting before deciding to do other things, when I came back 40 mins later, he was still there!

There has to be a way for the royal mail to facilitate people who use their services foir business purposes without inconveniencing the ordinary punter.

There used to be a Gent's outfitters a couple of doors away from the Post Office at the bottom of Stourbridge High St where that exact scenario played out every day at about 4:00 pm as one lady handed several dozen individual orders over the counter from their on line business.   Not sure if they are still going.  

If you just want a stamp it is somewhat annoying.
I don't like ass hatting cock wombles bombarding a football forum with cooking threads. This isn't Ready Steady fucking Cook, gents.
(01-10-2023, 06:37 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Spandaubaggie Wrote:The birth of Ebay and online shopping has made a trip to the Post Office torture. I especially blame woman and clothes.

I have only bought about 3 items of clothing ever online, yet my Mrs and daughter seem happy to get stuff and then say: "It doesn't look as nice as it did online," or "it doesn't fit."

Well there's this weird thing called shops that you can go to and look at it and try stuff on and just leave it there.

Online clothes shopping I'll never understand, unless it's something you've already tried in a real shop and got cheaper such as my Barbour Jacket, which I've had several years. Having previously won one on an Ebay bid and then finding out their L is too small and I needed XL, I learnt many moons ago the folly of online purchasing.

Looking forward to how this goes next. Wink

Sorry, of course there is no difference between genders at all now. How very 1980s of me.

I blame the shorter humans with breasts, but not Eddie Izzard. She is a great comedian and can spend as long at the post office as she wants.
(01-10-2023, 06:57 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 06:37 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Spandaubaggie Wrote:The birth of Ebay and online shopping has made a trip to the Post Office torture. I especially blame woman and clothes.

I have only bought about 3 items of clothing ever online, yet my Mrs and daughter seem happy to get stuff and then say: "It doesn't look as nice as it did online," or "it doesn't fit."

Well there's this weird thing called shops that you can go to and look at it and try stuff on and just leave it there.

Online clothes shopping I'll never understand, unless it's something you've already tried in a real shop and got cheaper such as my Barbour Jacket, which I've had several years. Having previously won one on an Ebay bid and then finding out their L is too small and I needed XL, I learnt many moons ago the folly of online purchasing.

Looking forward to how this goes next. Wink

Sorry, of course there is no difference between genders at all now. How very 1980s of me.

I blame the shorter humans with breasts, but not Eddie Izzard. She is a great comedian and can spend as long at the post office as she wants.

It’s good to see BAWS get a mention.
People who take their lottery tickets into the shop to check them make my shit itch.
Evri failed to deliver my parcel from over a month ago, i ended up claiming a refund through my credit card.

You cannot get past their automated phone system to speak to anyone, avoid wherever possible.
滚开赖
(01-10-2023, 06:28 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: The birth of Ebay and online shopping has made a trip to the Post Office torture. I especially blame woman and clothes.

My wife is terrible for this. She’ll do a massive 1-2 hundred pound orders which are often the same few items in various sizes then proceeds to send 90% of it back when it arrives.

I can also guarantee that within a week of said delivery arriving the phrase “ooh, are you going past the post office?” will be used.

To be fair I will often browse clothes in shops then look to get the cheaper online.
People that block a whole aisle at the supermarket with a combination of their trolley, ignorance and fat arses
Someone could have been killed
CaptainFantastico Wrote:People that block a whole aisle at the supermarket with a combination of their trolley, ignorance and fat arses

Also, those types that step outside the shop and stop dead in the doorway to look at their phone, receipt. Get outa the friggin way ya clutz.
(01-10-2023, 07:32 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
CaptainFantastico Wrote:People that block a whole aisle at the supermarket with a combination of their trolley, ignorance and fat arses

Also, those types that step outside the shop and stop dead in the doorway to look at their phone, receipt. Get outa the friggin way ya clutz.

Multiply 10-fold for people doing this when stepping off a train, underground or when stepping out a lift/off an escalator… in the case of the latter, it is perfectly acceptable etiquette to stamp on them.