Best way to go to away games
Have to admit I've never been much of of a one for away days. 

A few I can think of from my youth, generally in London, bolted onto other events, but beyond that not much.

However, the lad and his mate are on about going away a couple of times before the end of the season. I don't like driving to games, but wondering the best ways I could go with a fairly decent crowd and the boys, whilst also enjoying a beer or two.

Cheers folks.
Train, or if there's enough of you get yourself a minibus hired.

Does the bloke still run the coaches from Cradley station? They were always a good laugh.
Train. Or coach organised from the local boozer.
(01-06-2023, 11:00 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote: Train. Or coach organised from the local boozer.

Train normally or we go from one of the local pubs by coach and we have beer on there normally get to a pub by 11.00 .you can guess the rest hic 

Tomorrow its mini buses .
This question reminded me of times not that long ago when me and my son would jump in the car after work on a Tuesday evening and drive to places like Crewe, Stockport, Bolton Derby, Wigan,Barnsley etc and still get there for kickoff!
You’d be lucky to get to the Hawthorns now
Depends on the away game.

Some places are difficult by train, or expensive, but that’s generally the best way when you want a few beers and a bit of freedom.

Coaches can work, but they often leave early, get back late and you’ve still get home from wherever you’re dropped off. If kids are at school etc then coaches can be hard for night games.

I don’t think anyone recommends the official coaches! Not done them for years but when I did occasionally have to there was no pub stop, the clique behaviour is hilarious and annoying in equal measure and they really do go at silly times.

Going to Burnley, that one is a driving away day, coaches simply leave too early for the kids and don’t fancy a Friday night train just now.
滚开赖
I go by Armchair
By train, always. Far better than going by road.
"This is age of the train". As a certain Mr Saville told us 40 years ago
Get a friends and family railcard for £30 which will then get you a 1/3 of all fares for you and your lad for a year.
TR 675 Wrote:"This is age of the train". As a certain Mr Saville told us 40 years ago
Get a friends and family railcard for £30 which will then get you a 1/3 of all fares for you and your lad for a year.

Is correct. Book in advance for optimum bargains.
TBH, although I've previously said the official coaches are no fun, they are probably ok for you and a couple of kids. You'll get hot drinks served, take some snap, no pub stop, it is what it is and my kids were happy enough on them if I couldn't make that game. It doesn't suit many because we like a drink and some independence but it's easy enough.