Lanzarote
Forgot to mention that there are camel rides in the Timanfaya area. We went when my daughter was about 7. She thought it was brilliant. 
If you go to the South, you can visit Papagayo beaches to the East of Playa Blanca which are accessible via a dirt road. You have to pay a small charge to get through (used to be 5 euros probably a bit more now.) One beach Playa Mujeres, is surrounded by cliffs which give shelter from the wind and the sea is great to swim and snorkel. To the  west is Los Hervideros. The sea has carved out some amazing rock caves and flutes. When the right wave comes in it's spectacular.

Wherever you go don't leave valuables in your car as petty theft is common. Local thieves wait at car parks to take advantage of people who leave handbags, rucksacks in the vehicle while they take a look at some of the sights. 

Have a good time. It's like visiting the moon but as Buzz Aldrin said "magnificent desolation"

The colours of the rocks and soils in the Timanfaya national n park are really picturesque.
Did Wolves really play in the old division 4? I thought they were a similar status to Real Madrid
I liked Costa Teguise. It's quite small, the beach is quiet enough and there are some nice restaurants. There is a fantastic Indian restaurant by the beach. There is a small but nice aquarium for the children and you aren't too far away from Arrecife if you want a bigger town.

If you feel like some culture, Cesar Manrique's house is a good visit, as are the various other attractions linked to him. As Albionmad said, he's the reason why the island largely has low-rise development.
We visited Playa Blanca last August. Timanfaya National Park is worth a visit.
On a related note I was looking at holidays for this summer and as my eldest in school now we're limited to the school holidays.

Could not believe how expensive they are! A week on a Greek island was coming in at 3-4 grand for two adults and two kids.
(01-05-2023, 05:29 PM)Squid Wrote: I liked Costa Teguise. It's quite small, the beach is quiet enough and there are some nice restaurants. There is a fantastic Indian restaurant by the beach. There is a small but nice aquarium for the children and you aren't too far away from Arrecife if you want a bigger town.

If you feel like some culture, Cesar Manrique's house is a good visit, as are the various other attractions linked to him. As Albionmad said, he's the reason why the island largely has low-rise development.
At least you got his name right. I should've double checked!
Puerto del Carmen is the main resort. Full of tat. Difficult to park but a long beach so plenty of space.
(01-05-2023, 05:36 PM)Duffers Wrote: On a related note I was looking at holidays for this summer and as my eldest in school now we're limited to the school holidays.

Could not believe how expensive they are! A week on a Greek island was coming in at 3-4 grand for two adults and two kids.

Go during term time and pay a fine from school if need be.  You’d still be £££ in. 

Besides, it’s not as though missing one week aged 6 means your child will will fail their GCSE’s or whatever they will be called by the time they’re 16.
I told you I’ll be back
(01-05-2023, 05:36 PM)Duffers Wrote: On a related note I was looking at holidays for this summer and as my eldest in school now we're limited to the school holidays.

2019 - 2 adults 2 kids all inclusive menorca 4 star 14 nights less than 3k

2022 - 3 adults 2 kids all inclusive Gran Canaria 4 stars 14 nights 4K

2023 - 3 adults 2 kids all inclusive lanzarote 3 stars 10 nights 5k
Barbados & Jamaica are remarkably cheap for May half term atm. That said, you'd miss the play off final.
(01-05-2023, 03:56 PM)Ournextstriker Wrote: Just booked holiday for July near Costa Teguise, have been to Tenerife and Gran Canaria before, any tips pf does and donts?

We go to Lanzarote every year my personal preference is for Playa Blanca but we went to Teguise last year  . Don’t know if you have children but the water park for me was an absolute dump and made
The Crystal leisure centre in Stourbridge look like a palace .It was dirty and we felt had suffered through lack of investment probably due to the covid situation . The one in playa Blanca whilst smaller is much better .