Cowley sacked - Griffiths back
Can only comment on a lad I know who has worked with all 3 (and many others through the youth set up) has always rated JG as the most likely full England international of the future that he’s ever worked with. Keepers almost always only become somewhere near their best from mid 20s onwards, as we are seeing with Palmer now.
Hopefully this loan spell hasn't set his confidence back too much. A quick search of his name on Twitter and he is getting Button-esque pelters from the pompey fans.
(01-03-2023, 07:54 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Can only comment on a lad I know who has worked with all 3 (and many others through the youth set up) has always rated JG as the most likely full England international of the future that he’s ever worked with. Keepers almost always only become somewhere near their best from mid 20s onwards, as we are seeing with Palmer now.

How do you know Nayls?
The coaches thing Griffith's is by far and away our best prospect

Villa tried desperately to land him 12 months ago before he signed his new deal........wankers!

Pompey can't be an easy place to play when they are underperforming so badly, was down there with work in December and bumped into a Pompey coach in a hotel, had a breif chat and he said he was doing fine and is a real prospect, fully expect him to be back here as number 2 next year or another high profile loan playing first team football if we can't move Button on

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(01-03-2023, 09:43 AM)Jimmy_Moz Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 07:54 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Can only comment on a lad I know who has worked with all 3 (and many others through the youth set up) has always rated JG as the most likely full England international of the future that he’s ever worked with. Keepers almost always only become somewhere near their best from mid 20s onwards, as we are seeing with Palmer now.

How do you know Nayls?

He's mates with Mainey.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(01-03-2023, 10:08 AM)Cuzer Wrote: The coaches thing Griffith's is by far and away our best prospect

Villa tried desperately to land him 12 months ago before he signed his new deal........wankers!

Pompey can't be an easy place to play when they are underperforming so badly, was down there with work in December and bumped into a Pompey coach in a hotel, had a breif chat and he said he was doing fine and is a real prospect, fully expect him to be back here as number 2 next year or another high profile loan playing first team football if we can't move Button on

Cuzer

That’s the feeling on Griffith a lot of people who know better than I have. Destined for good things in the game. 

Personally I’d rather have him back for half a season than he left at Pompey in their current situation.
I think, barring catastrophes at B71, it's better all round for Griffiths to gain experience. We can have another look at Button in the cup behind CCs defence then if he's still as bad maybe stick Cann in. We recall the guy we just put his game time on hold to sit on our bench. Either that or engineer an emergency recall in the loan agreement?
(01-03-2023, 10:08 AM)Cuzer Wrote: The coaches thing Griffith's is by far and away our best prospect

Cuzer

In this instance, a blessing he is an actual Albion fan
He's back now
(01-03-2023, 11:29 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 09:43 AM)Jimmy_Moz Wrote:

How do you know Nayls?

He's mates with Mainey.

Big Grin Big Grin