Stourbridge Tip
called into the above today for the first time in two years.

"Do you have an appointment?" I was asked by the guy sitting in the obligatory converted portaloo on the gate. I think I saw a kettle, tea tray, biscuits and curtains in situ.

"Why do I need one?   the place is empty " I asked.

" Because you have needed one for the past two years" he says. 

" Do I need to wear a mask?"   I asked. 

"No but you need an appointment". 

" Why ? " I asked. 

" Because you do" he says.

" But the place is empty" I respond.

" Ah but we were a lot busier earlier "  he says.  

It's good to know that Dudley Council are doing their best to contain the global pandemic currently hitting Pedmore, Norton and Wordsley.  Well done lads.  

I shall go out and bang a couple of saucepans together this evening for our heroic  local authority personnel.   

Their sacrifice for the greater good is truly humbling. 

Is there anyone in Dudley council with a brain?
TBF I'd assume every tip needs you to book a slot, most have s for an absolute age.
(12-28-2022, 07:30 PM)MassDebater Wrote: TBF I'd assume every tip needs you to book a slot, most have s for an absolute age.

not true.  Most have dropped the appointment system. Totally unnecessary.
(12-28-2022, 07:32 PM)Offside Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 07:30 PM)MassDebater Wrote: TBF I'd assume every tip needs you to book a slot, most have s for an absolute age.

It's not somewhere I've been to that often, but the three I know of, Walsall, Sunderland ISH and Solihull need a slot booked, or did the last time I went.
Worcester depends on the site. Hagley you do, Redditch you don't.
(12-28-2022, 07:38 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Worcester depends on the site. Hagley you do, Redditch you don't.

Rubery only need one on weekends and Monday .  But WTF?  I object to the council doing me a favour letting me in  at their convenience  when I pay my fucking council tax.  Get your shit together and provide a service.
MassDebater Wrote:
Offside Wrote:
MassDebater Wrote:TBF I'd assume every tip needs you to book a slot, most have s for an absolute age.

It's not somewhere I've been to that often, but the three I know of, Walsall, Sunderland ISH and Solihull need a slot booked, or did the last time I went.
TipAdvisor?
At the start of lockdown I was told it was essential waste only. How the fuck does that work?
I had the me at Romsley a few months ago, there is poor internet reception so its difficult to book an appointment on the spot.

If you tell them you don’t have internet, they have to let you in as there is no other way to make an appointment.
so I eventually get in ( many thanks to the man in the converted portaloo) and I pull up to the wood bin.  I get two planks of rotting patio into the skip and he shuts the fucking gate while the JCB pounds the shit out of the contents of the skip. I am in a hurry so have to use the next skip for five minutes and he shuts the gate on that one and re-opens the other just as I empty the car. 

I'm just having a laugh by the way.  Non of this is serious. 

Drink has been taken yet again. 

Off to watch the last few episodes of The Wire.    

If you are legally minded,  the Good Wife on Prime is very good.