Villa job
Just read this on he Narge Pink 'un forum:

"Destroys the careers of most of the people who take it on.

Yes Dean Smith was poached from Walsall, and poached from Brentford.

Then he was mentally damaged at Aston Villa and will never be the same again, in a similar way to how train drivers are retired from their jobs on full pension the moment a second person throws themselves in front of their train - PTSD, never the same again.

Paul Lambert poached from Colchester, poached from Norwich. Broken at Aston Villa, never been the same again.

Roberto Di Matteo promoted from Championship as West Brom manager, FA Cup and Champions League Winner as Chelsea manager. Broken man after just 4 months as Aston Villa manager in 2016, never worked in management again.

Steven Gerrard, plaudits for changing the culture at Rangers, ending Celtics run, poached by Aston Villa... broken, sacked, where's he going from here?

Steve Bruce, always been a bit of a mercenary but since managing Villa hasn't been able to hold down a job for more than a few months. Broken man.

Tim Sherwood, did an alright job at Spurs, qualified for Europe. Broken by 8 months at Aston Villa, never worked in management again.

Remi Garde, won two domestic trophy's in his first job in management in France. Broken by 5 months at Aston Villa, his second managerial role, never worked in Europe again, only other job in the MLS.

Gerard Houillier, glittering career, success at Lyon (his club before Villa). Broken by 9 months at Villa, never worked again.

David O'Leary, oversaw an incredible Leeds side, went to Villa, then never managed again (apart from a short money grab in Saudi Arabia many years later).

Graham Taylor. A year at Villa in his second spell there. Broken man, never worked in management again."
The evidence is compelling. Truly a toxic dump of a club.
If you look on the list of Villa managers it’s a tale that goes on for the last 30 odd years.
The problem with Villa is that they have missed the boat to Champions League riches but the hierarchy and the fans can’t tolerate being just another club making up the numbers and getting whacked for six by the likes of Man City.
They have deluded themselves into believing they can still be relevant, but without a mind bogglingly powerful Arab government using them for sports washing they are an irrelevance.
For those decent ones who are old enough to remember the Saunders era I feel some empathy, but on the whole bollocks to them. We’ve suffered far more, but kept an earthiness about us.
(12-27-2022, 10:20 PM)Squid Wrote: The evidence is compelling. Truly a toxic dump of a club.

Amen to that
It makes sense. Deluded fanbase who think they are better than they are, and have expectations way beyond their quality. No one can do a good job there because their idiot fans think they should be champions league
(12-27-2022, 10:23 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: If you look on the list of Villa managers it’s a tale that goes on for the last 30 odd years.
The problem with Villa is that they have missed the boat to Champions League riches but the hierarchy and the fans can’t tolerate being just another club making up the numbers and getting whacked for six by the likes of Man City.
They have deluded themselves into believing they can still be relevant, but without a mind bogglingly powerful Arab government using them for sports washing they are an irrelevance.
For those decent ones who are old enough to remember the Saunders era I feel some empathy, but on the whole bollocks to them. We’ve suffered far more, but kept an earthiness about us.

Get the fuck out of here!
滚开赖
(12-27-2022, 10:40 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 10:23 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: If you look on the list of Villa managers it’s a tale that goes on for the last 30 odd years.

Read the lot of it.
I’ve a couple of decent mates who follow them, and I play the game, but as I said take it in context, ‘but on the whole bollocks to them,’ is a vital element of the paragraph.
I give Emery one season maximum as they won’t understand how he can’t get them top 8.
(12-27-2022, 10:45 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 10:40 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:

Read the lot of it.
I’ve a couple of decent mates who follow them, and I play the game, but as I said take it in context, ‘but on the whole bollocks to them,’ is a vital element of the paragraph.
I give Emery one season maximum as they won’t understand how he can’t get them top 8.

The lot of it doesn't exclude the premise of even those who watched them in the 70s and 80s being wholly deluded when it comes to football.

My uncle is a Villa fan, a few of my mates are Villa fans as are their dads. They watched them in the 70s and 80s. Every time the topic of football comes up they are just as deluded as my Villa supporting mates, it's not a wind up either but a deluded sense of arrogance that they support the great Aston Villa. Even going so far as the old won't shut up if they beat us but pretend they don't care about Albion when we beat them.
Absolutely the most deluded fan base in world football

Fuck the lot of em

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(12-28-2022, 12:18 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Absolutely the most deluded fan base in world football

Fuck the lot of em

Cuzer

Post of the year.

Absolutely fuck 'em.