Match Fred
(12-27-2022, 07:40 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 07:13 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 07:08 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 12:24 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(12-26-2022, 04:59 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: 3 points off the Playoffs. If only we had started the season with Corberán we would challenging Burnley and Sheffield United for a top 2 spot.

There's time yet

The only thing I would say is that since Corberan has come in, Sheff United have gained the same number of points as us and Burnley have 3 less, so we've made up 3 points in 8 games in incredible form.

Given that we're 15 points behind, at this rate it would take 40 games to catch the top 2.

In other words, one of them needs to drop off massively for us to stand a chance and we need to continue our fantastic form.

Worth remembering how home and hosed us and Leeds looked around this time in 2019 before at least making it interesting.

That’s true. And unfortunately Villa were further away from the playoffs than we were to automatic with less games to go when they went up . It can happen

But they had a cheating cunt in midfield.
(12-27-2022, 12:43 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: One game at a time , one game at a time.

The main thing about yesterday was bouncing back from a poor display at Cov and we certainly did that to get El Carlos Bandwagon back on track.

Preston and Reading sell outs ?

Is right
(12-27-2022, 07:08 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 12:24 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(12-26-2022, 04:59 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: 3 points off the Playoffs. If only we had started the season with Corberán we would challenging Burnley and Sheffield United for a top 2 spot.

There's time yet

The only thing I would say is that since Corberan has come in, Sheff United have gained the same number of points as us and Burnley have 3 less, so we've made up 3 points in 8 games in incredible form.

Given that we're 15 points behind, at this rate it would take 40 games to catch the top 2.

In other words, one of them needs to drop off massively for us to stand a chance and we need to continue our fantastic form.

True but the way I've always viewed it is that over a season, champions usually average 2 points a game, relegated normally 1 point a game i.e. only a difference of 1 point a game. So long as there are more games than points to make up, there's always a chance (currently 15 behind with 22 to go). It doesn't even need a massive downturn in form. One team loss 3 on the bounce while other wins 3, 9 point turnaround. It ain't over till the fat etc etc