Match Fred
(12-26-2022, 04:55 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: If we had beaten Cov, we would have been 5th. How insane is that?

Was thinking the same thing
(12-26-2022, 05:01 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Carlos back on form. Fantastic game management and substitutions. Yet again the quality and depth of the squad, with competent management is getting us results.

Big shouts for Furlong and Townsend. Townsend was a solid 7 and a great assist and furlong was borderline MOTM with Okay.

Few complaints today.  Has Carlos been coaching Townsend as he looked more like his Prem season self today?
(12-26-2022, 05:48 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(12-26-2022, 05:01 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Carlos back on form. Fantastic game management and substitutions. Yet again the quality and depth of the squad, with competent management is getting us results.

Big shouts for Furlong and Townsend. Townsend was a solid 7 and a great assist and furlong was borderline MOTM with Okay.

Few complaints today.  Has Carlos been coaching Townsend as he looked more like his Prem season self today?

Maybe they've read the news that CC is looking at new Fullbacks in the window.
(12-26-2022, 04:59 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: 3 points off the Playoffs. If only we had started the season with Corberán we would challenging Burnley and Sheffield United for a top 2 spot.

There's time yet
One game at a time , one game at a time.

The main thing about yesterday was bouncing back from a poor display at Cov and we certainly did that to get El Carlos Bandwagon back on track.

Preston and Reading sell outs ?
(12-27-2022, 12:24 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(12-26-2022, 04:59 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: 3 points off the Playoffs. If only we had started the season with Corberán we would challenging Burnley and Sheffield United for a top 2 spot.

There's time yet

The only thing I would say is that since Corberan has come in, Sheff United have gained the same number of points as us and Burnley have 3 less, so we've made up 3 points in 8 games in incredible form.

Given that we're 15 points behind, at this rate it would take 40 games to catch the top 2.

In other words, one of them needs to drop off massively for us to stand a chance and we need to continue our fantastic form.
(12-27-2022, 07:08 PM)Sliced Wrote:

There's time yet

The only thing I would say is that since Corberan has come in, Sheff United have gained the same number of points as us and Burnley have 3 less, so we've made up 3 points in 8 games in incredible form.

Given that we're 15 points behind, at this rate it would take 40 games to catch the top 2.

In other words, one of them needs to drop off massively for us to stand a chance and we need to continue our fantastic form.

Worth remembering how home and hosed us and Leeds looked around this time in 2019 before at least making it interesting.
One of the top two (or even both?) falling away and dropping points regularly is far from unheard of. I wouldn't necessarily rule out automatic promotion for us. Do I think it'll happen? No. But I wouldn't say it's impossible. I think finishing 5th or 6th is realistic and would be a fantastic achievement on Corberan's CV. There's obviously a lot of hard work to do but promotion is a very realistic goal and we're more than capable. I'm so grateful that he's come in and made the season interesting when it looked all but dead.
(12-27-2022, 07:13 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

There's time yet

Worth remembering how home and hosed us and Leeds looked around this time in 2019 before at least making it interesting.

Didn't the same happen to Wolves, once?? Big Grin Big Grin
(12-27-2022, 07:13 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

There's time yet

That’s true. And unfortunately Villa were further away from the playoffs than we were to automatic with less games to go when they went up . It can happen