Pulis Ball lives!
Amid our own troubles, it's easy to overlook that some have it worse.

Middlesbrough going through a dreadful run.

From OneBoro ...
Quote:Substitutes did not change a game we were already going to lose because it was awfull football by the whole team. I’m not giving excuse for the Pulis sideshow but we should be banging goals in against a team with only one away win all season. Someone hit the nail on the head when they stated Pulis more likely is on a promotion bonus and as it’s still feasible on paper SG can do nothing until proven otherwise. He will forfeit the bonus by sacking him now. I have no doubt its another SG blunder that has set the club back if not put us in jeopardy.
I posted a link to Dominic Matteo video, he said "you forget how to play football under him and if and when you get a chance to do something different you don't remember how to" when he was blaming Pulis for WBA going down and not Pardew. Plus where's this "defensive genius" he's meant to have he must be to focused on sorting our accounts out....
I'm going to try again...
Fun reading of the Boro message boards gives us this. Sounds familiar?

...... Because football is about more than just winning; it’s about passion and entertainment.

However, since the appointment of Tony Pulis as manager, we have seen a rapid decline in the standard of football. The passion and flair have all but disappeared. Attacking spirit and individual brilliance have been bred out of the team. We have been left with dour, negative, uninteresting football and many people are responding to that by not following matches and wondering if buying a season ticket is a sensible investment. In all my years of following Boro, I have never seen such apathy, and you cannot lay the blame for that at the feet of the fans.

And this is in spite of the fact that we are currently 5th in the league.

The bottom line for many of us is that we watch football to be entertained. If there is visibly passion, commitment, fighting spirit, individual skill and a desire to win, we can forgive a lowly league position. None of those values are very visible at present
(03-17-2019, 08:22 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: I'm going to try again...

...... Because football is about more than just winning; it’s about passion and entertainment.

However, since the appointment of Tony Pulis as manager, we have seen a rapid decline in the standard of football. The passion and flair have all but disappeared. Attacking spirit and individual brilliance have been bred out of the team. We have been left with dour, negative, uninteresting football and many people are responding to that by not following matches and wondering if buying a season ticket is a sensible investment. In all my years of following Boro, I have never seen such apathy, and you cannot lay the blame for that at the feet of the fans.

The bottom line for many of us is that we watch football to be entertained. If there is visibly passion, commitment, fighting spirit, individual skill and a desire to win, we can forgive a lowly league position. None of those values are very visible at present

What a load of bollocks. Football is all about the results. Nothing else matters.

Yours

Softbollocks
I wont say too much as we've probably done this to death on here.
You can get away with that type of football as long as you're getting some kind of success with it, but as soon as the team starts conceding goals and losing games patiences soon wears thin.
I genuinely think the players get bored with it too, which probably leads to a general lack of concentration.
(03-17-2019, 08:35 AM)tiptontown Wrote: I wont say too much as we've probably done this to death on here.
You can get away with that type of football as long as you're getting some kind of success with it, but as soon as the team starts conceding goals and losing games patiences soon wears thin.
I genuinely think the players get bored with it too, which probably leads to a general lack of concentration.

+1

Both fans and players alike find it tedious. There's been plenty of players down the years that have said how mind numbingly boring his training was.

Stories about players being physically led by the arm around the training pitch being told where to stand.

The bloke is the epitomy of a football dinosaur.

Pulis worth is if you're in the shit he will stop the rot and make you solid and hard to beat. At that very stage he should be fucked off!
(03-17-2019, 08:28 AM)Peachy Wrote:

What a load of bollocks. Football is all about the results. Nothing else matters.

Yours

Softbollocks

And yet we had meltdowns from many of the same posters with DM in charge and we were sitting fourth in the table... it is about results and always will be.
(03-17-2019, 08:44 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Yours

Softbollocks

And yet we had meltdowns from many of the same posters with DM in charge and we were sitting fourth in the table... it is about results and always will be.

[Image: fishing_fisherman_blue_sky_coastal_water....jpgd_.jpg]

This. 13 of us were season tkt holders for donkeys years, 3 left and no plans for the others to return, they've found drinking all day to be a better investment!
(03-17-2019, 08:54 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 08:44 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Yours

Softbollocks

[Image: fishing_fisherman_blue_sky_coastal_water....jpgd_.jpg]

Big Grin

Did the thick bastards not realise who they were employing?   ....jeez