Hasenhuttl sacked
(11-08-2022, 07:34 AM)HLS Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 12:22 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Jones was out of his depth at Stoke.

Tbf that club was a basket case at the time. Akin to Val's time here, not a fair reflection on his ability. I do agree it's a risky appointment though. Dyche would be a far safer pair of hands imo.

I agree with this. He lives on his nerves anyway - he had plasters all over all his fingers when he was with us due to him biting them all the time. After a few months at Stoke he started to look ill, just didn't know what had hit him. 

In hindsight, we needed the older head that O'Neill provided rather than the enthusiastic puppy dog vibe that Jones gave off. But very few managers could have achieved anything with the players we had at the time. 

I really liked him, and hope he does well, wherever he ends up, but I fear for him taking over a struggling Premier League side. He's built Luton up from scratch and had them running like a machine for years. He probably won't be afforded that luxury anywhere else.
(11-08-2022, 02:30 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 12:22 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Jones was out of his depth at Stoke.

Tbf that club was a basket case at the time. Akin to Val's time here, not a fair reflection on his ability. I do agree it's a risky appointment though. Dyche would be a far safer pair of hands imo.

I agree with this. He lives on his nerves anyway - he had plasters all over all his fingers when he was with us due to him biting them all the time. After a few months at Stoke he started to look ill, just didn't know what had hit him. 

In hindsight, we needed the older head that O'Neill provided rather than the enthusiastic puppy dog vibe that Jones gave off. But very few managers could have achieved anything with the players we had at the time. 

I really liked him, and hope he does well, wherever he ends up, but I fear for him taking over a struggling Premier League side. He's built Luton up from scratch and had them running like a machine for years. He probably won't be afforded that luxury anywhere else.

Spot on. I like him. He's an honest guy who never seems to hide but I have a gut feeling the Saints job isn't right for him. The Prem is an unforgiving league and will chew up sides who are too inexperienced. For me Saints are lacking experience and now they've added Jones to the mix who has no Prem experience either.
(11-08-2022, 02:46 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 02:30 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Spot on. I like him. He's an honest guy who never seems to hide but I have a gut feeling the Saints job isn't right for him. The Prem is an unforgiving league and will chew up sides who are too inexperienced. For me Saints are lacking experience and now they've added Jones to the mix who has no Prem experience either.
And joy of joys, guess who we're playing tonight.
Jones given 3 and a half year contract.
(11-10-2022, 10:37 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Jones given 3 and a half year contract.

Leam Richardson signed a 3 year contract at Wigan 25th October, sacked today.
(11-10-2022, 11:38 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 10:37 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Jones given 3 and a half year contract.

Leam Richardson signed a 3 year contract at Wigan 25th October, sacked today.

Was he not touted to replace Bruce?
rsbaggy2 Wrote:Jones given 3 and a half year contract.
So that's twice he has walked out on Luton then.