Josip Ilicic
This guy was nailed on to be at a top top club a couple years ago. 

Just goes to show how debilitating a deep rooted depressive episode can be, and how even the rich and famous are not immune to it. 

It's a timely reminder that heading into winter, where money will be tight and our lives difficult, if you're struggling, don't forget to talk to somebody. 

Oh and let's hope Ilicic gets back to his best as it would be a cracking story. 

He’s already in his mid-30s and has played most of his career in the top levels of Serie A, in Europe and recently in the latter stages of the Champions League?
Great post and you’re right, it’s can be a really tricky turning point in the year for some. I hate November, as well as mental health anyone who has any form of arthiritis or inflammatory conditions will know how much worse it is from this point til March. I’d love to be able to hop to Spain for 5 months in a perfect world.
(11-10-2022, 09:34 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: He’s already in his mid-30s and has played most of his career in the top levels of Serie A, in Europe and recently in the latter stages of the Champions League?

Yeh he's played at those second teir teams; Palermo, Fiorentina etc. 

But he was mooted for a move to a top tier team, and even a few rumours about a prem move. 

At 33/34 its the twilight of his career, but not sure he's ever relied on his pace. Be good to see him make it back playing in a top league if he gets fit for the remainder of his career.
I wonder if the rich and famous are more susceptible to it?

If your successful at a young age (maybe being a club hero) and then out of the game in a few years at your mid 30's that you love must be very difficult. Its also a career that has lots of ups and downs and many end their career with everyone clapping you off the pitch (livermore?) I often wonder  how it affects them.

At least most of us at 65 when we retire are totally knackered or look forward to a slower pace of life.

Work is a big part of my life and fortunately in a job that is occasionally stressful but I love. Would be hard I guess if I had to give it up completely at an early age or even worse 20000 people cheering when I went home!