Champions League
(11-08-2022, 12:17 PM)igorbalis Wrote: Got given a freebie for the Seville game last week. First time I'd been to the Etihad, definitely an upgrade on Maine Rd, and the football was on a different level, though listening to city supporters at half time was an eye opener as both Alvarez and Grealish were getting a real slating, and there was real concern that if Haaland doesn't play, they'll struggle to score goals!

Rico Lewis at 17 looks a real prospect, and Mir was the stand out for Seville - was at W0lve5 apparently.

Highlight of the night for me was the light show pre KO something the Albion should think about as it wouldn't cost a fortune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k72gugHaMzY

Walking back into Manchester got me thinking it wasn't that long ago we drew 1-1 under Bilic - Sawyers scored iirc. Will albion ever make the Champions League? Probably not in my lifetime, but got me thinking how  a club in Divison 3 not that long ago, can with a bit of vision, (and a shit load of money!) turn things around.

(Good draw for Citeh RB Leipzig) btw, and I've a feeling this is the season they finally lift the trophy)

It was a Ruben Diaz o.g. deflected off Ajayi.
Two memories from this thread.

One of the greatest nights of my Albion supporting life beating Liverpool at Maine Road in the second replay en route to winning the cup.   We were fucking brilliant. It took two hours to find the car in Moss Side after the match. 

The electronic ( candle powered) attempt to enter the 20th century with the purchase form the USA of a second hand dot matrix scoreboard nailed to the roof of the old Smethwick End stand which announced a goad ten minutes after it had been scored, and was totally fucked when it rained.   Brilliant stuff
Offside Wrote:Two memories from this thread.

One of the greatest nights of my Albion supporting life beating Liverpool at Maine Road in the second replay en route to winning the cup.   We were fucking brilliant. It took two hours to find the car in Moss Side after the match. 

The electronic ( candle powered) attempt to enter the 20th century with the purchase form the USA of a second hand dot matrix scoreboard nailed to the roof of the old Smethwick End stand which announced a goad ten minutes after it had been scored, and was totally fucked when it rained.   Brilliant stuff
I remember being allowed to stay up and watch that on Sportsnight with Colman. My grandad saying our name was on the cup that year. Probably the highlight of our route to Wembley, everyone wrote us off after the first game.