Bought an air fryer
(11-06-2022, 11:08 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 10:36 PM)JiggyMarley Wrote: We got the same a few weeks ago and made a roast chicken in the first weekend which was superb. We've made our own chips which have been fine but making shop bought fries or chips is a tad hit and miss.

My wife puts a bit of cornflour on the chips after brushing them with oil, they end up almost like battered ones wit a real crunch to them.

Mmm I might try that, cheers for tip
(11-06-2022, 11:03 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Brucie has just bought a pair of industrial fryers from his local chippy.

...and ate them both between two crusts.
(11-07-2022, 08:58 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 11:03 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Brucie has just bought a pair of industrial fryers from his local chippy.

...and ate them both between two crusts.

C - off to a flyer
B - two industrial fryers
I got the Ninja 14 in 1 a while ago. Did a full chicken dinner (bar peas, which I boiled) in it last night, even homemade yorkie puds, took 30 minutes as the chicken breast was frozen solid so i gave it a little longer.

Also since it has a pressure cooker setting I can do a full roast chicken in about 40 minutes (along with the roasties and then the veg), half pressure then half air fry to crisp it up. tastes just like the rotisserie ones from supermarkets.

If you're getting one, don't go cheap, push the boat out, it'll save you money in the long run.
Personally I find it hard to predict how long to cook something to perfection with an air fryer. Timings and temperatures that I instinctively know, no longer hold true in an airfryer and, all makes seem to behave differently. I've got one of the Ninjas. I agree with Mass-D; it's worth paying extra for.

Still, a very good addition - and not just for the economy of it all - meat and potato products are excellent, almost as good as proper frying.
they're well good.
(11-06-2022, 11:03 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Brucie has just bought his local chippy.
Edited for you  Big Grin
I'm thinking of getting one but was going for a cheaper one as I have history of buying this stuff and not using it.
I can get a 5.5l one for £80 that has good reviews.

Has anyone got a cheaper, non-Ninja one?
(11-07-2022, 11:46 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote: I'm thinking of getting one but was going for a cheaper one as I have history of buying this stuff and not using it.
I can get a 5.5l one for £80 that has good reviews.

Has anyone got a cheaper, non-Ninja one?

My Mrs had a 6.5l Tefal one, think it was around £50, she had it for last xmas, it was broke and needed replacing by September... Could be an outlier obviously. Also, right now, you'll struggle to find places with stock of the cheaper ones.

Also the capacities are wildly off, if you do a full tray then expect half of the stuff in the middle to not cook properly... On all of them.