Mild Hybrids
(11-07-2022, 12:34 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 09:28 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 09:01 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 09:22 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Cornwall should if only to stop being so reliant on tourism as an industry.

(11-06-2022, 09:57 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Anyone know much about the environmental impact of large scale lithium mining? I’m guessing this will have to increase drastically with the switch to electric cars. Is it a case of shifting the problem or is it a lot less damaging than the environmental impact of petrol/diesel cars?

This should help you: https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/02/0...%20warming

2.2million litres of water needed to produce 1 ton of lithium. And look at how pretty all that nice Cornish scenery could become.

they did actually make a solar powered car, but you need to live somewhere really sunny for it to work... I've been firmly in the Hydrogen is what they should invest in camp for ages.

I think the mild hybrids are basically a refined version of that thing Top gear created years back where they stuck a generator onto an electric motor.

All that scenery does is attract tourism which keeps Cornwall poor. I really wish people outside Cornwall would understand how hard it is there, as expensive to live as London yet the worst pay in the country. All because the rest of the country work to keep it reliant on tourism, it really needs to move away from it as quickly as possible. Lithium mining, since it's abundant under Cornwall will help that.

Isn't a heck of a lot of that scenery protected (and should be)? We've destroyed far too much of the natural scenery in this country.

I had a mate who grew up in Devon, he said similar to you about how hard it is to earn a living there. i guess there's parts of Wales and Scotland in the same boat?

Come to the West Mids, it looks shit (compared to the nice paces), but at least you can earn a crust.... Surely if they turn Cornwall et al into massive lithium mines then noone will want to live there anyway as it'll be like the old Black Country, only belching out nasty nasty fumes? Maybe a modern equivalent is Middlesbro?

70% of land in Cornwall is agriculture, that isn't natural scenery.