Name a Band/Album
I might have been at that Cooper temple clause gig at the academy 2! So much good British rock getting around that era - vex red/hundred reasons/reuben/hell is for heroes/oceansize/engerica. Hundred reasons touring again soon!

For an album that few might have heard but is imo required listening I'll go for The Bug - London Zoo
Young Knives - Superabundance
Girls aloud sounds
Of the underground
(11-04-2022, 10:30 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 10:26 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: Goodbye Mr Mackenzie - good deeds and dirty rags

Scottish band … female vocalist later fronted Garbage

Were Garbage the one hit album wonders from the 90's?

Talking of Scottish bands... there's a band on the tip of my tongue who did a great album, think one of the former members owns a record shop in Brighton? Was in there a few years ago, I'm sure someone can think of who... bit like the Cure but female vocalist

One hit wonders? Garbage are still going now.
(11-04-2022, 10:23 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Showing my age Pidge, think the Icicle Works were brilliant, but few know of them. Played a couple of their tracks to my lad and his 16 year old mates on the way to the Bristol C game and they loved them.

I’m going to see them, yet again, in Brum, Friday 18th Nov.  O2Accademy2. On Bristol Street.  I’m going with my bro and 2 of his mates.  Come along if you want someone to go with. 

It’s a full band and will play the whole album “if you want to defeat your enemy, sing his song” to mark 40 years since it’s release along with all their other goodies.

Best place I ever saw them play was at the original Marquee on Wardour St in London and I was back stage with them as I got to know them due to the amount of times I’d seen them and would chat with them back stage at numerous gigs. 

Went to see them play at the royal court in Liverpool (their home town)
One December and that was a great gig. 

I went to watch a sound check the one day for a gig in Birmingham and the bass player walked in and said “I’ve just seen your brother in Next”.    I watched the sound check and went home.  My brother said  “you’ll never guess who came up to me in Next in Birmingham and said alright mate?”.  I replied “Chris Layhe, he told me”.  I should have replied “bet you a tenner I can” Big Grin 

(11-04-2022, 10:26 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 10:23 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Showing my age Pidge, think the Icicle Works were brilliant, but few know of them. Played a couple of their tracks to my lad and his 16 year old mates on the way to the Bristol C game and they loved them.

Idea is for other board members to give them a listen, I'll look them up!

Listen to the singer / song writer’s  solo album he recorded with Neil Young’s crazy horse.  This album was nominated for Mercury Music best album of the year.

Play it through a hifi if you have one and play it loud. The first track is a belter

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DXUnqGFgd3...znh8WFj8vY
I told you I’ll be back
The Wake - Make it loud

The High - Somewhere Soon
Weapon of Peace, Wolverhampton band from the 80s (I think) went unnoticed but were good.

Today I would say Green Tea Peng is worth a listen. But I am so little aware of what is going on in modern music scene, I might be suggesting someone who is already well known.
Garbage recently supported TFF on their world tour, Shirley Manson still belting out the tunes

I’ve too many to mention being the music anorak I am but a more recent one and one of my favorite bands The Gaslight Anthem - The 59 Sound

Their 2nd album and breakthrough album, if you really are into that Springsteen, New Jersey Rock sound there is not a bad track on this album and Brian Fallon one of the best lyricists going

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
One album I bought when it was released in 1999 was the first album from this band. Everyone I spoke to about the album and the band had never heard of them. I kept telling people they would hear of them as they will be massive.

Sure enough, after a few successful singles and another album a lot of people then bought the album I bought over a year earlier.

The album was “showbiz” and the band, Muse.
I told you I’ll be back
(11-05-2022, 11:11 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: One album I bought when it was released in 1999 was the first album from this band.  Everyone I spoke to about the album and the band had never heard of them.  I kept telling people they would hear of them as they will be massive.

Sure enough, after a few successful singles and another album a lot of  people then bought the album I bought over a year earlier.

The album was “showbiz” and the band, Muse.

Cheers mate, will check them out later
Would rather talk to ChatGPT