Joe Mayo
(11-04-2022, 07:37 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 07:02 PM)Supamart Wrote: I don’t really think so. He was ok back in the day, but the game has moved on (apart from the Albeyun) and he just wouldn’t be quick/mobile enough.

This.

Yep
As we don't have a CF he would be our target man today.
Ello ello Joey Mayo was 100% full on. Certainly made a nuisance of himself. Always got on the end of set pieces.
Not the most talented player, but had luck. Many times he would leap up in the 6 yard box as the ball came in. It appeared to hit him and go in. He was looking around to see where the ball had actually gone. 
Had a great relationship with us the fans. We had a few players like that back in the day.
He scored an beauty of a header at Bolton, I think, in the promotion season. It was on Match of the Day. There must be a clip of it somewhere in that there internet
(11-05-2022, 11:04 AM)Bristolbion Wrote: He scored an beauty of a header at Bolton, I think, in the promotion season. It was on Match of the Day. There must be a clip of it somewhere in that there internet

https://youtu.be/lSnMTAb4oKM
Honest player Joe was...unlike many we have now.
Someone said earlier in the thread that he wouldnt be mobile enough in todays game..true..but that begs the question , how the hell does Livermore cos mobile he certainly isnt.
Joe could do a lot more than many forwards weve recently had.
The song I remember...
"Six foot two..eyes of blue..Joey Mayo's after you"
It was never going to happen, but if Orient had beaten Arsenal in the 78 semi final and Albion had beaten Ipswich, Joe would have been playing for Orient against Albion in the cup final. Taking it a step further, Joe could have scored the winning goal!