Huddersfield fan
(10-23-2022, 10:00 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(10-23-2022, 08:53 PM)Squid Wrote: For starters, Oli Burke is our worst-ever buy, easily.

Secondly, Grant scored 18 goals which proved to be critical over the course of last season as our form fell off a cliff. I know it hasn't happened for him this season, but the attitude from some doesn't help. As has been said many times, he didn't choose his transfer fee.

I know things are going very badly at the club at the moment, but there is a real nastiness among the fans which never used to be there. It used to be better here then on Twitter, but I'm not sure that is the case. Ultimately, you're talking about another human being. Take a step back for a minute.

Agree.

I don't rate Grant at all but the problems at this club start at the top. It's not his fault we paid a stupid amount of money for him and gave him a huge contract.

He's a poor footballer you can't change that, I know, he lavks ability which is fine as he's not alone in our squad. 

It would just be nice for him to appear like he gives a shit once in a while. We know times are tough but a multi millionaire shrugging his shoulders isn't a good look.
(10-23-2022, 09:26 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(10-23-2022, 08:53 PM)Squid Wrote: For starters, Oli Burke is our worst-ever buy, easily.

Secondly, Grant scored 18 goals which proved to be critical over the course of last season as our form fell off a cliff. I know it hasn't happened for him this season, but the attitude from some doesn't help. As has been said many times, he didn't choose his transfer fee.

I know things are going very badly at the club at the moment, but there is a real nastiness among the fans which never used to be there. It used to be better here then on Twitter, but I'm not sure that is the case. Ultimately, you're talking about another human being. Take a step back for a minute.

He would have scored nearer 30 if he could finish, or take a penalty.

Four more years of him left. Nobody else will take him on for at least another 2 years. Not his fault he was signed, but whoever sanctioned this deal should be out of a job.

Worsr signing since David Mills, and a few have challenged for that title.

He could have had 4 or 5 more at most last season, which you could say about a lot of players. He did score 18, which you can’t say about many players.
(10-23-2022, 10:07 PM)Dial M for Mick Wrote:
(10-23-2022, 09:26 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

He would have scored nearer 30 if he could finish, or take a penalty.

Four more years of him left. Nobody else will take him on for at least another 2 years. Not his fault he was signed, but whoever sanctioned this deal should be out of a job.

Worsr signing since David Mills, and a few have challenged for that title.

He could have had 4 or 5 more at most last season, which you could say about a lot of players. He did score 18, which you can’t say about many players.
How many did Gayle and JRod score collectively in the same team?

The bloke is a one trick pony who has been found out.

I blame the people that authoritied  the signing.
He’s just not a striker

Agree 1000%.. 
We didn't have to buy him .. but Bilic was insistent. Yet He is still lauded by many on here. Let's place the blame where it lies ..  worst buy because of the cost that was not the fault of the player.
Agree he doesn't help himself at times but this season so far is not the sole blame of one player.
(10-24-2022, 02:39 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:

Agree 1000%.. 
We didn't have to buy him .. but Bilic was insistent. Yet He is still lauded by many on here. Let's place the blame where it lies ..  worst buy because of the cost that was not the fault of the player.
Agree he doesn't help himself at times but this season so far is not the sole blame of one player.

After everything he's still currently our top scorer this season. Despite fluffing a couple of penalties. If we played to his strengths we might not be so critical of the guy. Let's ask where are the others when the chips are down. Our "we must not lose" tactics don't help us with the goals for column.
(10-24-2022, 01:34 AM)rickbaggie Wrote: He’s just not a striker
He's just not a footballer.