Almost 2 weeks and no sign of anyone imminently- thoughts?
(10-24-2022, 10:46 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 10:40 AM)MassDebater Wrote: *if*  (and I don't believe it at this stage) we offered Carvahal the job and he said no because of the choice of assistants / coaches etc... who the feck do we have on the coaching staff that is that good?? Brunt & Mozza? Who else?

No-one apart from Walsh (not that there's much to suggest he's any good) - they were all sacked with Bruce. There's nothing to suggest that Morrison and Brunt are any good either!

Therefore, it would be total lunacy if we were attempting to make stipulations regarding the composition of the coaching staff to the incoming manager. That's something to revisit when we have a DoF and a clearly defined strategy.

If it had been the case I could only guess at finances. If Carvalhal has a "team" around him then you'd think the club would know that (or probably not!) and have expected their recruitment would be part of the deal.
(10-24-2022, 10:46 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 10:40 AM)MassDebater Wrote: *if*  (and I don't believe it at this stage) we offered Carvahal the job and he said no because of the choice of assistants / coaches etc... who the feck do we have on the coaching staff that is that good?? Brunt & Mozza? Who else?

No-one apart from Walsh (not that there's much to suggest he's any good) - they were all sacked with Bruce. There's nothing to suggest that Morrison and Brunt are any good either!

Therefore, it would be total lunacy if we were attempting to make stipulations regarding the composition of the coaching staff to the incoming manager. That's something to revisit when we have a DoF and a clearly defined strategy.

TBF I only put Brunt & Mozza on there since they're former players and I didn't want to upset the former players are amazing and deserve all the jobs even if they have done nothing to warrant it types. Everything points to our coaches etc.. being shyte at this stage. So personally, I'm struggling to believe that would be an excuse for him to have turned us down... even if he had an interview, which is looking less likely...