The Pep influence
I watched Chelsea vs Man Utd last night.   Man Utd could have been five up at half time but were more intent on playing tippy tappy football up to the six yard box - a la an Arsene Wenger side as perfected by Pep at Barcelona.   United seemed to be on strict orders not to shoot unless they were withing a few yards of the goal.

Only when they went behind did they get their arse in gear,  and in desperation, and put some physicality into their final attack,  which earned them a deserved equaliser.

I watched Liverpool vs Man City in mid-week.   Rinse and repeat.   

I watched Arsenal vs Southampton this afternoon.  Rinse and repeat

Nice tippy tappy stuff from Spurs, oopps two down. 

I am not in the hoof and run camp, but possession for the sake of it with no end purpose or urgency, when you have world class strikers in your team is for the self-gratification of coaches and managers. 

I'm sure some of the players must get pissed off with it too.  If you're a neutral watching on the TV it is boring. 

As I type,  Spurs have suddenly gone more direct and pulled one back.

I think Pep is a great coach but his tiki taka Barcelona  football leaves much to be desired in the way of entertainment in this day and age and in this league.  
Wish we could have any kind of football. As for Man City there brilliant at what they do look at the stats. The rest trying to emulate is the problem.
Ahhh well least we won't have to worry about it for a long time
(10-23-2022, 05:08 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Ahhh well least we won't have to worry about it for a long time

A very long time I’m afraid, if ever…..