Bottom 3 in The Prem
There just seems to be a real lack of strikers in the game at the moment - defending well is cheaper than finding a decent striker and teams have been focusing so much more on that in recent years that it feels like teams have crowded out the natural striker. There will always be generational exceptions, but even the likes of Messi, Mbappe and Ronaldo didn't come through as outright strikers from day one.
(10-24-2022, 01:44 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: There just seems to be a real lack of strikers in the game at the moment - defending well is cheaper than finding a decent striker and teams have been focusing so much more on that in recent years that it feels like teams have crowded out the natural striker. There will always be generational exceptions, but even the likes of Messi, Mbappe and Ronaldo didn't come through as outright strikers from day one.

I dunno, that Haaland chap seems to be doing OK? Couldn't do it on a cold Tuesday in Stoke though I bet....

Was just looking for some stats on the scoring, got upset as I found something that shows us as the 20th top scorers in the Premiership ever!! Seems like forever ago.

29.83% of all of last seasons Prem goals (972) have been scored so far this prem season...that's in 30.26% of the season's games, so on course to be very similar number of goals to last year.

Only 943 were scored in 20/21 933 in 19/20 - so it seems scoring is on the increase.