Carlos Carvalhal
(10-21-2022, 01:31 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Texted my Wednesday supporting mate and he has fond memories of Carvalhal. Said they played their best football in years under him and were unlucky not to go up. Said he got figured out in the end but who doesn't.

No meltdown here

Got Wednesday into a couple of Play offs didn't he?
My lad was mascot when his Swansea team played us in 2018 (Big Dave's first game in charge). He's a very handsome chap.
(10-21-2022, 01:32 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 01:29 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 01:16 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Certainly not my choice, last couple of jobs have shown a downwards trend in results.

He had a 55% win percentage at Braga (2020-22) and 47% at Rio Ave (2019-20). His Sheff Wed record was very good (42.75%), but it went pear-shaped in his next job at Swansea. The 4 games he had before he was sacked in his most recent job in UAE can probably be safely discounted!

He doesn't fit young and upwardly mobile profile that media reports have implied in terms of the names they've suggested we're considering though, so it's odd that he's suddenly emerged as a potential contender.

Gourlay probably bumped into him on the golf course in Albufeira when he was away with the fellas.
Carlos got some compromising pics of Fat Ron, a stripper, a goat and a bucket full of kebab meat.
(10-21-2022, 01:31 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Texted my Wednesday supporting mate and he has fond memories of Carvalhal. Said they played their best football in years under him and were unlucky not to go up. Said he got figured out in the end but who doesn't.

No meltdown here

So that translates as... "Passed it around a bit, achieved nothing and couldn't adapt when things got tough"
He had a tough gig keeping Swansea up. It's a bit like blaming Big Dave for our relegation blaming him for Swansea's. Think he even won Premier League Manager of the Month in his early days there after Paul Clement sacking.
Wow. I like him as a person and he did a job for a while at Sheff Weds but is that really the best we can do? If so, people in charge of our club are more clueless than I even imagined.
(10-21-2022, 01:40 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:

No meltdown here

So that translates as... "Passed it around a bit, achieved nothing and couldn't adapt when things got tough"

Well it's an upgrade on couldn't pass for toffee, achieved a rapid descent and had nothing to adapt from in the first place
Meh….
Look on the bright side, to me he's a better option than Jody Morris, Garry Rowett, or John fucking Terry.     Rolleyes
(10-21-2022, 01:16 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Certainly not my choice, last couple of jobs have shown a downwards trend in results.

He had a 55% win percentage at Braga (2020-22) and 47% at Rio Ave (2019-20). His Sheff Wed record was very good (42.75%), but it went pear-shaped in his next job at Swansea. The 4 games he had before he was sacked in his most recent job in UAE can probably be safely discounted!

He doesn't fit young and upwardly mobile profile that media reports have implied in terms of the names they've suggested we're considering though, so it's odd that he's suddenly emerged as a potential contender.
I wouldn't blame the media for that. Any club that goes Dave - Bilic - Sam - Ismael - Bruce clearly has no idea what they want to do or any long term vision.
(10-21-2022, 01:46 PM)Stillclem4england Wrote:

I wouldn't blame the media for that. Any club that goes Dave - Bilic - Sam - Ismael - Bruce clearly has no idea what they want to do or any long term vision.

That's exactly the point.

If I was interviewing my first question would be "You've seen our squad, how would you play them, and how would you get a tune out of them".