The 'Not a Budget' budget
Holy moly - the tories are really in the last chance saloon, fuck being careful we've just bet the mortgage on black.

Great help for those of us that don't need it.
A budget for the comfortably well off to help punish the poor. Like a a bad case of Norovirus the only thing that will trickle down with these plans is the shite many people and the country will be in when they’ve finished flushing the U.K. down the toilet.
Bastard bastard bastard cunts
OBR report not published ..
Lots of red meat to digest. I'll have a good look after work before I make my mind up.
(09-23-2022, 09:53 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Lots of red meat to digest. I'll have a good look after work before I make my mind up.

Really? Surprise us then.
This is totally insane. The pound will be trashed, rates will have to rise. This is a massive redistribution from poor to rich.

Massively unlikely these tax cuts will stimulate growth. This is right out of the GOP playbook - cut taxes on the rich, this increases the deficit and the only way to solve that is cut spending. The NHS is about to be killed.

A complete gamble this, it works in the US because they have the $ (the reserve currency). It is highly unlikely to work here.

I very much hope I am wrong. I personally benefit hugely from this (in the short term) but I genuinely think this is a disaster. Also, I don't believe in high taxes but doing this now is astonishing. They are calling this a "mini" budget - this is the biggest fiscal event for decades.
I am in the process of buying and selling my home ...I benefit by 2.5k .. whoopee

It is like kiddies in a sweet shop. Fill yer filthy rich boots while she is still in power ... because if ever there was a recipe for electoral failure this is it. But then again maybe she is being realistic about winning an election and is making hay while she and her cronies can.
https://twitter.com/CPhilpOfficial/statu...2060682240

That is the standard of Tory in the Treasury. Talk about aging like milk
FTSE down 2.5%; £ to the $ is down 1.7%.
(09-23-2022, 09:17 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Holy moly - the tories are really in the last chance saloon, fuck being careful we've just bet the mortgage on black.

Great help for those of us that don't need it.

Keeping corporation tax at 19% is the one good move they've made to be fair. Enabling business to re-invest and potentially improve pay and benefits to employees / create jobs etc rather than money gobbled into the govt abyss!