Good riddance
Shame on those that gave this despicable lying cunt the oxygen to bullshit his way through the highest office in the land, and even bigger shame on those applauding him on the way out as if he is some conquering hero retiring to a well earned rest after his battles.

Let's hope this is a turning point that the country realises that capitalism is good at TVs, cars and vacuum cleaners but fucking useless for Healthcare, Transport and Security. Encourage the former to build our industry that will pay the taxes to build the latter, and get a government in charge that will put the proper structure in place to run the country efficiently not just sub-contract it out to their mates at top dollar.
Beware the cult of Johnson lives on…
I managed to avoid it, but gather that the spectacle of his rally speech was pretty nauseating.

Let's face it, he's been absolutely hopeless with a good measure of dishonesty and power craziness thrown in. The manner of his departure should bar him from granting any peerages. As it seemingly doesn't. they ought to change the rules going forward.
(09-06-2022, 09:09 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Beware the cult of Johnson lives on…

It may well be, but the Tories are doomed anyway. And as for the man himself, I think people both in and out of politics are bored with him. He's a clearly very well-educated idiot, whom in spite of his supposed academic brilliance has zero common sense and even fewer scruples. Now everyone can (inexplicably) see through him, he hasn't really a lot to offer anymore. To involve him to re-win it would be stupid, when he lost it in the first place. None of this bunch of fuckwits can sort this mess without creating another, least of all Thick Lizzy. 

I'm sure BoJo will be offered something lovely though meanwhile. But it won't help his party if they're stupid enough to. 

Thank fuck this country isn't as divided as its new favourite cousin and cultural icon, and our nutjobs not quite so abundant in number. They'll just disappear for a while like they did last time. We won't see any of this Capitol Hill-type election-theft nonsense because the Tories are too divided within themselves.
(09-08-2022, 11:01 AM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Thank fuck this country isn't as divided as its new favourite cousin and cultural icon, and our nutjobs not quite so abundant in number. They'll just disappear for a while like they did last time. We won't see any of this Capitol Hill-type election-theft nonsense because the Tories are too divided within themselves.

I hope you're right about that; I think you are for now, but the direction of travel worries me sometimes.
I think most of our populace are stupid to unite over multiple aspects that divide them. Even Britain Furst can’t agree on a logo.