Anyone anything positive to say?
GK : Button/Palmer - Most, me included, thought we had enough and wages could be spent elsewhere.

RB : Furlong/TGH - Most thought that would be enough with priority being higher up the pitch.

LB : Townsend/Kean Bryan (Must be near fitness now? And with Reach as back up, looks okay to me)

CB: Ajayi, O'Shea, Bartley and Kelly (Playing a 2 you only need 3 first team CBs and cover, with Jake and Okay we have that)

DM: Okay/Livermore (Fine)
CM: Molumby (One short, a more forward thinking number 8)
AM: Swift (Fine with support from the wide player and forwards who can play there to)

W: Grady, Wallace, Phillips, Reach (On paper, looks fine)

Forward: Grant, Dike, BTA (all based on whether BTA comes off)

We have a squad which is more than capable given the additions of Okay, Wallace and Swift. It is just being terribly mismanaged at present and Bruce needs to find a solution, pronto.

Yes another CM and a loan forward would have been ideal, and unless they have Delph/Barkley and Carroll or another lined up on free we are a little short on cover. But aside from that we are in decent shape, squad wise.
Its like being 12 years old again. Thanks Albion, for giving me another opportunity to be a teenager. Crossbar at Shrewsbury here we come! Big Grin
Bruce never wasted money on transfer fees
We have no loans so no need to replace them next year. We have no loans, no fucking loans. Must be the first champ club for 20 years
We have 6 and you can only name 5 in a matchday squad
(09-02-2022, 10:06 AM)KRO Wrote: We have 6 and you can only name 5 in a matchday squad

That's called having options Big Grin we've gone full on reverse Forest.
(09-02-2022, 09:34 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Seriously, I'm just wondering if anyone level headed, calm and calculated can see reasons to be cheerful. Please don't use this as another thread to vent.

We have come into today looking weaker than yesterday.

Robinson was hit or miss, but had some pedigree at this level. We have to hope we've unearthed a new Lee Hughes or Cyrille in the boy from Salford.

Kelly must be woefully off the pace and more likely to be a hydropool partner for Dike.

I'm generally optimistic, but after a solid looking rebuild of the midfield over the pre-season we are weaker elsewhere. I'm looking for some words of encouragement.

Trying to find some crumbs, it is a very even division and 4th barely better than 18th. We have to hope something falls into place and we can keep pace until the next transfer window.

I'm certainly not blaming Bruce for this though. When you leave it to the 11th hour it can go tits up with no back-up.

This. 

The failing to secure the two players last night, and not securing Surridge (which was a game of Russian roulette) has left the squad unbalanced yet again.
A positive is Burnley are just over 5/2 to win tonight. Well worth a bet imo - if they don't win and you lose money, at least the albion have a point or 3
(09-02-2022, 10:06 AM)KRO Wrote: We have 6 and you can only name 5 in a matchday squad

Arf! I was about to say, only at Blues but I'll wait....

Could we loan one of your loans?

Actually, best not - that's how derivatives started and it didn't end well.