Harry Kane
Incredible. What could have been Sadio. Love watching him pull on the shirt for England time for his detractors to turn it down
Amazing to think Saido was ahead of him at one point. Work ethic and application allied to talent. Sadly Saido had one from three.
(08-21-2022, 01:24 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote: Amazing to think Saido was ahead of him at one point. Work ethic and application allied to talent. Sadly Saido had one from three.

I know it’s been discussed to death but exactly this. Every time Kane scores I immediately think of Sadio. Can’t think of a better recent  example of a huge talent who threw it away
If Saido had applied himself and progressed at the same rate as Kane what a potentially frightening front 2 England would now have.
(08-21-2022, 01:27 PM)BaggieBaggieBromBrom Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 01:24 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote: Amazing to think Saido was ahead of him at one point. Work ethic and application allied to talent. Sadly Saido had one from three.

I know it’s been discussed to death but exactly this. Every time Kane scores I immediately think of Sadio. Can’t think of a better recent  example of a huge talent who threw it away

Ravel Morrison - described by SAF as the most gifted young talent he had ever seen, threw it all away on account of being a massive wrong’un.

Mason Greenwood the next big example…
He ain’t coming

Same with Stefan and Luke Moore. Loads of natural talent. Fuck all application. Pair of Villa cunts.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard, this applies to Saido and others perfectly.
(08-22-2022, 06:09 AM)greetsgreenbaggie Wrote: Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard, this applies to Saido and others perfectly.

Still need some talent though, go too far the other way and you end up with playerss like James McLean who always tried hard and put a shift in, but ultimately weren’t very good.
(08-22-2022, 06:25 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-22-2022, 06:09 AM)greetsgreenbaggie Wrote: Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard, this applies to Saido and others perfectly.

Still need some talent though, go too far the other way and you end up with playerss like James McLean who always tried hard and put a shift in, but ultimately weren’t very good.

Comments like that mean that McLean is nailed on to score against us when we play Wigan    Big Grin