Car parking
Ventured to the game yesterday (didn't jinx them for once!). First time I've used the car park by the M5 island in 2.5 season's. Flashed my £5 note and got told it's £10.  I only had £8 on me. Robbing bastards.
Welcome back to the "post" covid rip off World.
(08-21-2022, 11:15 AM)garryowensneck Wrote: Welcome back to the "post" covid rip off World.

There is a lot of that, it seems. 

The problem is that certain vendors have put prices up (the leisure industry is a good example of this) and you can understand them trying to claw back some of their losses over the past couple of years. However, you know that prices rarely go down after they've gone up. We just got back from France where we'd hired an AirBnB for a week. When the host got there he asked if we wanted to pay €160 for cleaning at the end of the stay (this was on top of the enormous amount he'd taken off us for a week). We asked why it wasn't covered and he said it was due to cleaning for Covid. Seeing as my missus always clears up whenever we leave a place it seemed daft to pay it but I'm sure many people would have coughed for someone to come in and pass a mop over the floors for an hour or two.
(08-21-2022, 11:42 AM)Fido Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 11:15 AM)garryowensneck Wrote: Welcome back to the "post" covid rip off World.

There is a lot of that, it seems. 

The problem is that certain vendors have put prices up (the leisure industry is a good example of this) and you can understand them trying to claw back some of their losses over the past couple of years. However, you know that prices rarely go down after they've gone up. We just got back from France where we'd hired an AirBnB for a week. When the host got there he asked if we wanted to pay €160 for cleaning at the end of the stay (this was on top of the enormous amount he'd taken off us for a week). We asked why it wasn't covered and he said it was due to cleaning for Covid. Seeing as my missus always clears up whenever we leave a place it seemed daft to pay it but I'm sure many people would have coughed for someone to come in and pass a mop over the floors for an hour or two.

No wonder Air BnB is starting to die off. Hotels just let you stay in them.
(08-21-2022, 10:59 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Ventured to the game yesterday (didn't jinx them for once!). First time I've used the car park by the M5 island in 2.5 season's. Flashed my £5 note and got told it's £10.  I only had £8 on me. Robbing bastards.

The car park on the corner of Beeches Rd/Birmingham Rd (Metal Forming Centre?) still only charge a fiver. I used it for the Watford game as i went straight from work. I think the church opposite also only charge a fiver.
I always used to drive to the game, but now really can’t be bothered with all the grief. Much now prefer the bus and tram (when it’s running), so much easier.
Something very 70s and shit about driving to games
(08-21-2022, 04:44 PM)BaggieBaggieBromBrom Wrote: Something very 70s and shit about driving to games

Why, have you got a Cortina ?
(08-21-2022, 04:44 PM)BaggieBaggieBromBrom Wrote: Something very 70s and shit about driving to games

If you live south of birmingham, you don't have many options, unless you want to train into New Street then Tram. With midweek games you might miss your last train as well.
Plenty of parking around middlemore Road for a fiver